The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I would totes go see that, if the opportunity presented. Heck, I'd drive in one if I had the chance. :)

Younger brother used to build his own demo cars and drive them. He and his buddies spent a lot of late nights putting cars together just to wreck them the next day! I used to help. When I was allowed to. :p

I have never been to a demolition derby, but I have attended a tractor and truck pull. It was pretty fun to watch.

You know all of those wrecks on TV and movies? That's child's play compared to a demolition derby. In the finals, the last 5 cars looked something that a car crusher would have munched on. 2 looked more like a u than a _. Some lost tires, drive shafts. Lots of broken tie rods (parts that help you turn the car.) Oh and bumpers--those came off too.
It just goes to show you how much abuse a car can take before it won't go anymore. And yes I am very aware (see comment to zanz) that these cars are somewhat modified for safety and have roll cages and such. But seeing the engine because the nose of the car has been slammed into repeatedly and pretty much blocks the driver's view, and the darn car still starts and STILL moves. Awesome!

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I am back home and alive, but tired. The play was AWESOME!!! This actors have to be in incredible cardiovascular shape to sing that loud while dancing that vigorously, and to stay on key on top of that??? I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them on Broadway someday.

*eta: Dragons eat my autocorrect. I had to correct 7 words in that^section alone! I think it's actually worse since the update. *growl*

Husband took me out to watch GotG yesterday. (It was good in a different way than the first btw.) Then we went out and watched a demolition derby. Redneck fun FTW!
I had a school friend in 6th grade who like demolition derbies but they never much appealed to me. Too loud. Glad you enjoy them, though!

I would totes go see that, if the opportunity presented. Heck, I'd drive in one if I had the chance. :)

Sorry I've been very awol lately, folks, and especially sorry for the belated :welcome: to the new people! As Sian mentioned, my house is once again endoggified, and we started at square one w/ housebreaking, so it's kind of a constant thing. Unfortunately my home office rug appears to currently be outside of the Zone Where We Shall Not Pee. Puppeh (who is absolutely the most adorable puppeh ever) is catching on quickly though, so hopefully soon she can just hang out with me while I do my writing and chatting and tweeting stuffs. In the meantime I am mostly lurking and sending good thoughts as needed. :)
*tacklehugs zanz* Wishing you luck with the doggie training! I may be doing that before too long* myself because, now that kitty is gone, we want to get a puppy to keep da beagle company and play with him. Gonna have to puppy-proof the house first, though.

*probably a good several months out yet, but I'm guessing within the year.

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I have never been to a demolition derby, but I have attended a tractor and truck pull. It was pretty fun to watch.

I saw one in Maine once, and yeah. Also horse-pulls. :)

Probably not tractor-pulls, but I might be looking for cool things to do in Pittsburgh in a little over a week...

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Also:

puppeh-cherrytree.jpg

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Puppy!!!

Also, you know you're a writer who's been thinking about plot bunnies too much when you look at that picture and think, "is he wearing a carrot on his collar?" Only you realize it's a tag turned sideways.

But it still looks like a carrot.

ETA: Aaaaand then you stare at it some more and realize it's some kind of leash thingy and now you feel even more like a moron and decide to just go "carrot, yup, carrot" and slink away...

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
All this talk of puppies... I have enough in my two, but I almost want a third now.

So, er.... I bought a new PC yesterday....
>.>
<.<
Should arrive on Tuesday
EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!! :snoopy:
Ooh, exciting!

Puppeh! What breed is she? A mix of some sort would be my guess. Whatever she is, she's adorable!

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
TEH FLUFFEH PUPPEH!!! What's her name?

ETA: Aaaaand then you stare at it some more and realize it's some kind of leash thingy and now you feel even more like a moron and decide to just go "carrot, yup, carrot" and slink away...
It does look like a carrot, though.

Gonna do words today. Not sure what else. We went to the grocery store on the way home yesterday, so I guess we don't have anywhere to go. Crafting will also get done, of course. Speaking of which, I hope that dress form I ordered gets here soon because I really need to get those scarves photographed.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Awww.. She looks like a snuggly floof! And lots of mischief!

Up early so taking advantage of some quiet time for words after some breakfast.
Then get B ready for work.
Then client stuff
and maybe more words.

Happy Monday all.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
She is a snuggly floof! Totally!

And I'm totally on board with the carrot. Yup, definitely a carrot.

This weekend was errands, shopping and cleaning. Got to another book sale, including a Life in the Year 1000, which is pretty cool and great for hist research on my books. We got stuff for DH's raised garden bed, which he's staked out and begun building. He successfully went INTO the crowded book sale and we were there at least an hour and he didn't anxiety-out, which is a great improvement over last year. Also, he made corned beef brisket for dinner Sunday night, with nappa cabbage. Yum!

Got words in yesterday. More today. My iPhone has been ghosting but I may have fixed it with a factory reset. We'll see.

Tonight at 4:40pm EDT I'm on Red River Radio Blog Talk Radio (Christy Nicholas is the real name!).

This weekend is my first art show of the year other than the one in March, and it launches SEVEN weekends in a row of art shows. I am certain it's going to kill me, but I had expected not to get into one or two. Getting into all of them will be a bit tough, but hopefully it will be worth it for the money. This weekend is Lilac Festival in Rochester, NY. First time doing this show, and the anxiety dreams already started up last night.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
I shall now sing the song of my own puppeh so that you all may also sing to yours: ahem, *sings* Who's a beeeyyyyooooottttiiiffffuuuullll dog! Who's a dog gonna save the world! It's an unnamed puppy, unnamed puppy, puupeh gonna a save the world!!!!! She's a beeeeyyyyouuutttiiifffulll dog, she's a dog gonna save the WOOORRRLLLDDD! It's a puppy-puppy, puppy puppy!!! Puppeh gon' save tha world! With her furry body, fluffy facey, waggy botty it's all gonna be on her!!! Such a beeeyyyyoooottttiiifffuuullll dog, she's a wonderful hound, and totes gonna save the woorrlldd!!! *stops singing now* (sing it to the tune of Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls" chorus - but beware the potential triggers in the song if you choose to listen to it).

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Forgot to tell you guys: My maternal aunt texted me while I was on the road trip yesterday. I had crocheted a baby dress for my cousin's first daughter back when she was first born. Unfortunately, that side of the family (who lives far enough away that we only see them in person when someone dies and we go to the funeral :/) tends to be bad about not letting you know if they like or use stuff you gift to them. I mean, they do occasionally say something, but not as consistently as one would like when one goes out of one's way to make handmade stuff for them. Anyway... cousin's first daughter was born back in 2011 which means she's already 6??? She's growing up too fast! Waaaa! and I made the dress that same year and never ever ever heard anything about whether or not they liked or used it...until yesterday. Cousin now has a second daughter who is 4. The reason my aunt texted me was to show me pictures of Second Girl in that very crocheted dress. Apparently First Girl loved it so much she wore it until she outgrew it, and now Second Girl is wearing and loving it too. I was excessively happy to hear that, not to mention to see that the dress has held up REALLY well even after 6 years! It just...would have been nice to have heard it before now. :p

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you eventually found out they liked it, anyway!

I hand-made baby quilts for my niece and nephew when they were born and I think my brother and SIL tossed them, not realizing I'd made them myself. Even though I'd said I'd made them.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

squeeeeeeeeee

Call her Miz Flufflebottompoopersen!

But just call her that, don't name her that.

Glad you eventually found out they liked it, anyway!

I hand-made baby quilts for my niece and nephew when they were born and I think my brother and SIL tossed them, not realizing I'd made them myself. Even though I'd said I'd made them.

This is why I'm totally selfish and almost never make things for others any more. I've even rejected offers to pay recently. The fastest way to suck all the joy out of a hobby is turn it into a business. Besides, they're probably imagining a small amount of money that would come out to getting paid pennies per hour, and that's not even close to worth my time and stress.

ETA: that's totally a tiny carrot, too.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I treasure the handmade items I own. My mom's friend, "Aunt" Gayle, made me an afghan for my wedding. It's been used on occasion, but carefully stored right now. I don't trust the cats with it. I also have needlepoint valances my grandmother made in the Blue Willow Pattern - 7 of them, all solid needlepoint, each one about 2'X8' large. I treasure those. They were made before I was born, and graced the valances in the house I grew up in. I also have several oil paintings my mom painted before I was born. One is a medieval bard-type sitting by a river with a castle in the background. The other is a Gandalf-esque wizard in an invisible cloak in the woods.

Nope, no idea why I grew up loving fantasy. No idea at all.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Well, just sold my old 90 Toyota to my youngest's girlfriend. She's going to need a cheap reliable car to get her back and forth while she's in college (about 2 hours from here.) Sold it cheap, and youngest is going to fix the things that are wrong with it (headgasket, some seals, power steering unit, etc.). Worst that will happen will be they still don't trust it and just flip it for a profit. Best case, she'll have an economical car that will last her for as long as she needs --with of course proper care. Kind of relieved that it's going to be out of my hair and still staying in the family so to speak. Still love that car.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
So, hypothetical question here: say you accidentally dropped your plot bunny in the pond below your deck...after the plot bunny went rabid from drinking your last can of Mountain Dew and came at you like he'd been watching Monty Python again. Do you think it would be a good idea to a) fish out the plot bunny and pin him up by the ears to dry on your deck, b) throw him a life preserver and hope he swims to the far distant shore, or c) hope his stomach explodes from eating peeps and pop rocks and he sinks to the bottom of the pond, never to be heard from again?

Just asking. For a friend, of course.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Zan - I'm glad you got the doggo to sit still enough for a photo :D Do the twins like her?

I am writing again, at last, which makes me happy. Get paid (like, by an actual job, not freelancing) tomorrow, so that will be exciting. I have this very weird obsession with being able to lock 10k up in the bank while I'm studying and not touch it till I get out, and I'm like 2.3k off? So if I manage to get some work done before I start uni, I will be a happy soul.

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
So, hypothetical question here: say you accidentally dropped your plot bunny in the pond below your deck...after the plot bunny went rabid from drinking your last can of Mountain Dew and came at you like he'd been watching Monty Python again. Do you think it would be a good idea to a) fish out the plot bunny and pin him up by the ears to dry on your deck, b) throw him a life preserver and hope he swims to the far distant shore, or c) hope his stomach explodes from eating peeps and pop rocks and he sinks to the bottom of the pond, never to be heard from again?

Just asking. For a friend, of course.

I would throw him a life preserver made of Mountain Dew cans and hope for a combination of b and c, preferably ending in it exploding as far away from me as possible.

But that's my response to the metaphor, not the question.

If I liked the plot bunny before everything went sideways, I would pin him up to dry. If it was just a 'meh', life preserver made of Mountain Dew.

Status
Not open for further replies.