The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
So I've written about 2,000 words today and none of them mine! Newsletter, blog posts and SEO articles. Going to go thud into bed soonish. See you all tomorrow!

Kitkitdizzi

Don't feed the critters
Registered
Reaction score
Cantina... What are our thoughts on "Ghosting"/being ghosted, and general responses thereto?? :\

Welp, I know ghosting as a synonym for offing, or to hose, ice, gank, send to the farm, or just plain ol' kill. I'd rather not go through it myself.

If we're talking about relationships, "Ghosting" is, IMO, rude and immature. The only thing I've heard about what to do about it is from this advice thing that was on the Rachael Ray show not too long ago: https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/lifestyle/dating_relationships/23718_take_our_test_to_find_out_if_youve_been_ghosted_benched_or_zombie_d/ (Which, truthfully, is the only reason I know what "Ghosting" is.)
:gone:

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
My brother heard I was doing a rewrite and started, kind of, arguing with me about it. He said for all the writing I do, I should really have something finished/published by now. Ha. :) And went on to say JK Rowling probably didn't totally rewrite Harry Potter. Maybe added a few edit/tweaks, but rewriting something seems overkill. Ha. Ha, ha, ha. He's a film editor and was trying to liken the editing processes. He says you just keep tweaking what you have, you don't go out and reshoot the whole thing. Ah, simple minded boy. :ROFL: This draft needed a reshoot, and still needs so much more. I'm just making changes I know are improvements in this rewrite, but I'm already jotting ideas for what may be improvements to consider in the next pass. I can't be sure until I have the pieces of this draft back together. Words are work--and I love it.:Sun:
Ah, don't you usually do a ton of takes in moviemaking? Don't scripts get altered on the regular during filming, leading to new shots and retakes?

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs, well-wishes, hot tea and (sterile) warm blankets for everybody not feeling their best either. :Hug2:

In other news I just read that instagram has now grown to over 700 users, partly through a simplified sign-up process. Really now? Suddenly the ease with which someone made a fake account on my email makes so much more sense. Classy.

FF: I think that's "kid crud".
I think I'll go with that one, I always was a sucker for alliteration.

:p I picked up a head cold from Monkey this week. Although, in general, I've gotten him to the point where he knows not to constantly come and breathe in my face for some reason when he gets sick he'll forget and do it deliberately. Like it's funny. >_< We've watched that episode of Curious George about germs a bazillion times; I don't understand why he doesn't seem to get this.
Heh, that's like a fase a lot of small kids seem needing to go through.

Neph-ew?

Neph-choo?

(Actually, "Nephchu" might be a good name for a JRPG villain. Or an evil Pikachu. :greenie)
Heh, original and fitting. But too many people are going to say 'bless you' rather than commiserate when I say the last weekend once again landed me with neph-choo. :ROFL:

(Also, now I want to draw and design nephchu pokémon... But would it be a grass-type or a bug-type?)

I was thinking "family fungus" but this is better.
Again, nice alliteration, but since I have a fraught relationship with fungi I think even just saying the word is make me going to want to take so, so many showers. :scared:

Cantina... What are our thoughts on "Ghosting"/being ghosted, and general responses thereto?? :\
Depends largely on the situation I think. Professionally, I'd think it rude and unprofessional and I might not let it slide. Privately, it would depend on the closeness of the relationship. In some situations I'd leave it at that but if the relation is important to me I'd want to get to the bottom of things. But it's okay to be upset out if it happens to you.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Well, I didn't write last night. Instead, we had Car Drama. The slight ticking/fluttering in the engine was two things, according to Monro. I had brought the car in at 2 (he said he had time) and I told him my husband was leaving town the next day with the other car, so I needed it back tonight by the time they close at 7. No problem, he said. He didn't even take the car into the shop until 5:30 (we had dinner across the street at Bob Evans. I saw when the car went in). He calls at 6 and says the belt tensioner was loose, and he could replace that, no worry. He'd call us when it was done. At 6:45 he calls and says the guides to my timing chain were worn. Which means I need to replace the bloody timing chain - $1600.

Since he obviously couldn't do a major 7 hour repair in the 10 minutes he was still open, we went to collect the car. I distrust him to do major work. This is not the first time he's misdiagnosed things (last time it was that the tires on my Nissan were different brands, so the automatic 4WD kept kicking in and making noises, but he attributed it to 3 different things before I took it to another place for the real diagnosis). The only reason I went to him was because my local shop, Klopps, was too busy for new work this week. But for major work, I'll wait for Klopps. Unfortunately, since DH IS out of town for a week, the only car I have to drive is this one, with a potential timing chain explosion. I've had those break. I know what it does. I know how much MORE it will cost if it bends valves when it breaks. So no road trips for me - back and forth to work and nothing else. Luckily that's only a few miles a day. However, my plans for the weekend - up to Syracuse to hang out with my Druid friends, up to Elmira for the Jewish food festival - all the fun social stuff I finally get to do because my husband is out of town - I can't do now. :(

Grrrr.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Sorry about your car troubles, GD.:Hug2:

*sends feel-better things to all ill peoples*

Morning Cantina. I wrote 480 words yesterday, which was nice seeing how the last 5 days had been completely dry. I'm hoping to do more today. (Why on earth did my phone offer me "Yoda" as the next word after "today"???)

I've been noticing lately that, while there's still mild soreness in my tennis elbow, it seems to be getting less and less as time goes on and I don't worry about being able to crochet or not. Guess that means I've been taking care of it the way I'm supposed to. Maybe I can even give knitting another shot, but I've GOT to be sure I learn to hold the needles properly. I've actually been itching to make some shawls for myself to go with some of my sleeveless summer dresses and knitted shawls are my favorite, so maybe that can be my crafting goal at some point in the near future.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
So I've got to run into town tonight and grab a bunch of sandbags again. The skies are going to dump about 3-6 inches of rain on us this weekend. Fun Fun.

Today's freelance list:
Build 3 ads
promo for 2 clients
beta read
Work on an article

Oh and I might be doing some site copy for a website. Will see.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I have a new favorite meal from the work cafeteria. Sauteed spinach, ground turkey, bacon topped with a couple of avocado slices. Low cal, low carb, high protein, and pretty damn yummy. It was a special today. I hope it's available every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, 1400 words so far today. I have three hours of free time at work this afternoon. I wonder how many more I can write, or if the procrastination monster will take over?

Make that 3440. Still about a half hour left of writing time.

Last edited:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Woot! have a new line edit opportunity too. :) That will fill in the gaps since some of my clients are taking a hiatus.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I had a story-related question, but in my attempt to give context, my post was turning into an essay. So. I think I'll sit on that for a while and see if I can reword it to be much shorter. Maybe by that time it'll work itself out...

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
YOU GAIS! I AM MAKING WERDZ AGAIN! that cut that I did to my MS "Moonsway" is totes working because the story is now more ominous and sensible and I'm going to introduce another unicorn soon!! :eek: ;) Also, I have arranged my next D&D game and invited people, I have eaten a NOT excessive amount, I have begun reading "Cress" by Marissa Meyer at last, I am starting treatment for an eating-disorder I apparently have, I sat in the sun for literal hours, and I am contemplating my next blog post. I have done a great deal of thingamees!!! Everybody be happy now, :D I have to go write a battle between some Cardinals and a noble-necromancer in a castle that is occasionally bigger on the inside, while my MC is crashing her fiance's wedding to someone else!! :O :O :O :O

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
YOU GAIS! I AM MAKING WERDZ AGAIN! that cut that I did to my MS "Moonsway" is totes working because the story is now more ominous and sensible and I'm going to introduce another unicorn soon!! :eek: ;) Also, I have arranged my next D&D game and invited people, I have eaten a NOT excessive amount, I have begun reading "Cress" by Marissa Meyer at last, I am starting treatment for an eating-disorder I apparently have, I sat in the sun for literal hours, and I am contemplating my next blog post. I have done a great deal of thingamees!!! Everybody be happy now, :D I have to go write a battle between some Cardinals and a noble-necromancer in a castle that is occasionally bigger on the inside, while my MC is crashing her fiance's wedding to someone else!! :O :O :O :O
Whoo! Unicorns!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I keep recommending you whenever I see edit requests on various writer groups, Shadow :) Hopefully some end up in work for you!

4200 words. Done for the day! Off to a quarter-end celebration at work and then authors' group.

Yes they do and I really appreciate it! I've got a few people lined up once they have their manuscripts in order. Of course they'll probably all be finished at once! lol

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Do you guys ever start a writing project and realize a long way into it that it could grow into something way bigger than you originally thought it would and it's exciting and scary at the same time? That's where I am with "In Dreams They Came right now. I realized this months ago but was getting intimidated thinking about it today: In order to do what I envision IDTC doing it will likely have to become a duology if not a trilogy because the story and the world in which it's set has grown that much over the course of the past three years. This is really cool. And also scary. Seriously, my original goal was just to write a thing and now the first project I ever put my hand to wants to be a trilogy. Wow.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on all this! The story sounds interesting.

I keep recommending you whenever I see edit requests on various writer groups, Shadow :) Hopefully some end up in work for you!

4200 words. Done for the day! Off to a quarter-end celebration at work and then authors' group.
All that on top of car troubles. You are crushing it!

My writerly legs are still too wobbly to chase plot bunnies. I'll have to wait for them. I'll also have to see if these keeping-to-the-shadows characters are going to have a story or not. In the meantime, I have the final tweaks left to do on my manuscript before I stop messing with it completely.

The nice thing about working my way through a mental block is I have more time to read, walk my dog, and catch up on some needed projects.

Kitkitdizzi

Don't feed the critters
Registered
Reaction score
Do you guys ever start a writing project and realize a long way into it that it could grow into something way bigger than you originally thought it would and it's exciting and scary at the same time? That's where I am with "In Dreams They Came right now. I realized this months ago but was getting intimidated thinking about it today: In order to do what I envision IDTC doing it will likely have to become a duology if not a trilogy because the story and the world in which it's set has grown that much over the course of the past three years. This is really cool. And also scary. Seriously, my original goal was just to write a thing and now the first project I ever put my hand to wants to be a trilogy. Wow.

That's my Sisyphus from last year. Welcome to the Cerberus Club. :tongue

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Kewl. Do we have a t-shirt or official button or something?

We have "The Badge of Awesome!!! 11!!" Which is a pin-thingie you put on your soul that says "The Wearer of This Here Button is THA BOMB!!!" and it gives +9999 to your Awesomesauce stat and WAY ups your word count goals in all things.

Here's yours *Hands effbubbles the badge button thing and waivers to sign* remember, all Cerberus Club Members are trilogy enthusiasts, we are a rare and endangered breed not seen often enough in all genres everywhere. :eek:

Also, the Cerberus Club cannot be held responsible for unintentional world building, trilogies that triple themselves, and or any damage done to heartstrings/feelz in the line of duty (writing). Once you join, you are with us forever. :)

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Wheeee~ I get to fill out my first NDA!

Oh and EFB. Yes, it is a very interesting feeling to realize that what you are working on is actually part of something REALLY big. Fun/terrifying/exciting and a little disappointing to know that you'll never be able to capture it all.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
We have "The Badge of Awesome!!! 11!!" Which is a pin-thingie you put on your soul that says "The Wearer of This Here Button is THA BOMB!!!" and it gives +9999 to your Awesomesauce stat and WAY ups your word count goals in all things.

Here's yours *Hands effbubbles the badge button thing and waivers to sign* remember, all Cerberus Club Members are trilogy enthusiasts, we are a rare and endangered breed not seen often enough in all genres everywhere. :eek:

Also, the Cerberus Club cannot be held responsible for unintentional world building, trilogies that triple themselves, and or any damage done to heartstrings/feelz in the line of duty (writing). Once you join, you are with us forever. :)

Oh. Well. Okay. Seeing how all my characters are suddenly standing behind me giving me the puppy dog eyes I think they want me to sign. Let me grab my peackock pen here (I seriously have a pen that looks like a peackock and is therefore my favorite) aaaand...there. All signed! *is approvingly patted on the head by characters*

I do hope the "The Badge of Awesome!!! 11!!" helps my word count. It's been low lately.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Oh oh oh! I forgot... I was rambling about my writing frustrations over dinner and about the Camp Nano and stuff, and my mom was suddenly like, "Oh, by the way, your daddy's side of the family is getting you something very special for your birthday. It should last you a good three months and it's a physical gift, not like a digital thing or something like that, and i think you're going to really like it. But I'm not supposed to tell you what it is."

Me: *confused blinking* "So you're telling me that you can't tell me just to torture me?"

Mom: "Pretty much."

Me: :gaah

So now I'm going nuts wondering what the heck THAT'S going to be! A physical gift that should last me three months? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN????????

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Do you guys ever start a writing project and realize a long way into it that it could grow into something way bigger than you originally thought it would and it's exciting and scary at the same time?

Never!

:ROFL: I really can't say that with a straight face. *cries and gets plot bunnies wet again*

Status
Not open for further replies.