The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
EFB, thank you! Mentioning you thought of something last night regarding your writing reminded ME that I had a great idea to add to my current WIP last night as I was falling asleep. I now made myself a note and will add it :D

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
atyourservice_zpsvm1owzex.gif

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hive mind! I need a cause of death! Setting: 12th century Ireland (Gaelic warrior society)

Hero: Maelan, a warrior, lawful good, a leader of men, but very stiff and formal
His wife: Liadan, a tall, thin willowy woman with excellent tracking skills

She needs to have died by drowning during a raid or campaign into enemy territory, and it must be his fault.

Any ideas?

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Hive mind! I need a cause of death! Setting: 12th century Ireland (Gaelic warrior society)

Hero: Maelan, a warrior, lawful good, a leader of men, but very stiff and formal

She needs to have died by drowning during a raid or campaign into enemy territory, and it must be his fault.

Any ideas?

He pushed her in???

But seriously, if they were walking along a river and her foot slipped on loose rock and he almost caught her but she slipped away into the water which was rushing with a fast current because of recent flooding, he might feel like it is his fault but the actual blame would be up for debate.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
He pushed her in???

But seriously, if they were walking along a river and her foot slipped on loose rock and he almost caught her but she slipped away into the water which was rushing with a fast current because of recent flooding, he might feel like it is his fault but the actual blame would be up for debate.

I could see that.

How about: They just had an argument, so she'd stomped off down to the river, and so when the raiders swept over the bridge she was among the first they encountered. Or something.

Hey, this isn't a fridging thing, is it?

JeanGenie

Such a Greenie
Registered
Reaction score

Any ideas?

Could he, after an argument, have sent her tracking by a dangerous river? Or sent her tracking so she had to cross a river she thought was too dangerous? Or perhaps she was too reckless, and he failed to stop her. There could have been some politics among the leaders that made him send her, because she was the best...

Last edited:

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Mystery allergy is playing hard to beat, have shifted to other meds. *sigh*

I have never even seen real poison ivy. It seems to not be particularly abundant here, so chances are slim for encountering it, I guess. Of course, with my luck that will probably just mean that it is waiting for me out there to not notice it and regret it later.... For years I thought poison ivy and common ivy was the same and I could not comprehend what all the fuss was about. Common ivy was pratically harmless, as far as I could tell. Then I learned that in Dutch the two plant names are not similar and it suddenly made more sense.

I am in "planner" training camp right now, Population: Me! Is that short story of yours with the space and the Titan and the sex-disposition with seriousness on the side available for looking at with my eyeballs? :D
Planner training camp is not a bad place to be in. At least the buildings there are designed! :D I believe I still have a shed there (still so much more to learn) so you're not alone there. :Hug2:

You're welcome to each and every short story I've written should you want to read them :) but I have to say that list I gave of some of the big changes I made to stories-in-progress were from several short stories, not just one. The one I transplanted to Titan eventually got transplanted to yet another planet when I learned that Titan didn't have the atmosphere I needed. It's an old story but a dear one and it has alien frogs. The one that went from serious to humourous eventually went completely off the rail as far as rampaging vegetables. The one that went from humourous to serious has a vengeful unicorn and a murder but has been languishing in the Unfinished Tales folder for years. Need to get around with that one one of these days. Etc..

Any ideas?
He ordered her to explore a particular stretch of river and she lost her footing? Or he didn't send enough back-up with her and when they were discovered she tried (and failed) to save her life by jumping into the river? Or the enemy wasn't where he thought they would be and it all ends up with her dead? The bridge was sabotaged and he should have seen it first? He didn't listen to her doubts about the safety of certain actions and it turns out belatedly that he should not have dismissed her concerns?

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I definitely want it related to her tracking job. Something to do with the raid they were on, which was to go to a neighboring kingdom and chop down a sacred tree... (that is actually a real event recorded in Irish history, at least the cutting down of the tree part) :)

griffins

Registered
Reaction score
This sounds like what an evil empire does in a JRPG with an environmentalist theme. :greenie

"Ten thousand years ago, the knight-errants of Belladonia stole the APPLE OF CREATION from the GARDEN OF MAJORA. Tonight, I exact my revenge. For my ancestors! For Majora!"
*intense pixel graphics*
"Sempai, noooo!"
"S-s-sakura! Is it really you?" Takes off dragon-helm and flinches. "Forgive me. But destiny shall not be denied!" Swings 10-foot long greatsword at tree.

[press start to continue...]

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
So, Cantina. If there were to be a print version of Jacquelyn and the Sparkly Emo Vampire Goat available, completely with a shiny cover (because Edward, duh), would you be interested in purchasing said novelette? And how much would you expect to pay for said wondrous item.

Aggy, asking for a friend

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wiiiith...a herring!!!

Perhaps a shrubbery could be involved.

Bwahahahah!

And a second shrubbery, slightly shorter than the first to get that two-level effect...

Funny shrubbery story:

At DragonCon each year, me and my friends dress as Monty Python Holy Grail characters. We have a good 20 people on a good year, complete with several knights, a patsy, bunny with bloody mouth, Tim the Enchanter, monks, and Zoots. Each year we do the 'rounds' on one night of the Con, going from hotel to hotel (the con takes over 5 downtown Atlanta hotels).

One year, we walked into the Hilton lobby. When we got to the middle, we noticed two people in unique costumes. They wore black body suits and a life-sized flowerpot, with fake trees coming out. Our King Arthur pointed and yelled, "A shrubbery!" The shrubberies instantly lifted their pots and ran around the lobby and elevators. We all did the same. EVERYONE clapped and cheered (maybe about 200 spectators to this spectacle). It was totally random, improvved, and brilliant.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
"Ten thousand years ago, the knight-errants of Belladonia stole the APPLE OF CREATION from the GARDEN OF MAJORA. Tonight, I exact my revenge. For my ancestors! For Majora!"
*intense pixel graphics*
"Sempai, noooo!"
"S-s-sakura! Is it really you?" Takes off dragon-helm and flinches. "Forgive me. But destiny shall not be denied!" Swings 10-foot long greatsword at tree.

[press start to continue...]

*PRESSES START WITH ALL THE FURY!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D *

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Bwahahahah!

And a second shrubbery, slightly shorter than the first to get that two-level effect...

Funny shrubbery story:

At DragonCon each year, me and my friends dress as Monty Python Holy Grail characters. We have a good 20 people on a good year, complete with several knights, a patsy, bunny with bloody mouth, Tim the Enchanter, monks, and Zoots. Each year we do the 'rounds' on one night of the Con, going from hotel to hotel (the con takes over 5 downtown Atlanta hotels).

One year, we walked into the Hilton lobby. When we got to the middle, we noticed two people in unique costumes. They wore black body suits and a life-sized flowerpot, with fake trees coming out. Our King Arthur pointed and yelled, "A shrubbery!" The shrubberies instantly lifted their pots and ran around the lobby and elevators. We all did the same. EVERYONE clapped and cheered (maybe about 200 spectators to this spectacle). It was totally random, improvved, and brilliant.

:ROFL:

That's the best, when costumes spontaneously combine together.

ManWithTheMetalArm

Has One Badass Arm
Registered
Reaction score
Fuck, I have not posted here in forever. Curse you college! Thankfully, it hasn't fully kept me away from writing, as I'm halfway done with the outline of Winter's Justice (I have got to figure out a better title for that) and I've actually started chapter 1 of the damn thing. If Lowes doesn't keep me too busy this summer, I plan to at least have the first few chapters done and will probably be posting segments of each in SYW (because I've learned my lesson that people tend to like shorter segments as opposed to 2500+ word chapters). *Cracks fingers* Lets do 'dis sheet.

Bwahahahah!

Funny shrubbery story:

Oh man, that would've been a joy to behold! :D You got to appreciate moments like that, then wonder why your life nor any convention you go to never has moments like that. I am totally not jealous right now.

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
ETA: We don't have poison ivy in Denmark, just stinging nettles.

Stuff, things, words, thoughts and a minor breakdown on my part, nothing serious! Where'd you go? :s
Oh, so the usual? Cool cool. Well, I disappeared to somewhere between bachelor's data gathering, sister coming to game, and being on the edge of a breakdown. My anti-depressants stopped working, and to stop myself from doing any harm to myself I think about how much it would upset my grandmother, and that makes me really upset. Whoo, that sounds bad.

This sounds like what an evil empire does in a JRPG with an environmentalist theme. :greenie
I'd play it. Like, ten times.

Last edited:

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Oh man, that would've been a joy to behold! :D You got to appreciate moments like that, then wonder why your life nor any convention you go to never has moments like that. I am totally not jealous right now.

Welcome back!

Dragoncon is a world unto itself. 80,000 people geekgasm. Nerdigras. Takes over 5 20+ story hotels. As in, they are sold out in ten minutes in October 2016 for the September 2017 con. Since it's a fan-run con (as opposed to San Diego Comic-Con which is industry-run) it has a much more intimate flavor. We don't get the shiny new exclusive movie premieres, but you can randomly have breakfast with Odo from DS9 (we did... twice!) or run into Delenn from Bab5 (literally, as in almost knocked her over). This year we've got some good guests signing on.

Jim Butcher, Nathan Fillion, Eric Flint, Karen Gillan, Laurell K Hamilton, Michael Hogan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Katherin Kurtz, Stan Lee, Elizabeth Moon, Jody Lynn Nye, Billie Piper, Matt Smith, Janny Wurts, Don Maitz, Jane Yolen and Timothy Zahn. There are more, but these are the most recognizable names (so far).

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back!

Dragoncon is a world unto itself. 80,000 people geekgasm. Nerdigras. Takes over 5 20+ story hotels. As in, they are sold out in ten minutes in October 2016 for the September 2017 con. Since it's a fan-run con (as opposed to San Diego Comic-Con which is industry-run) it has a much more intimate flavor. We don't get the shiny new exclusive movie premieres, but you can randomly have breakfast with Odo from DS9 (we did... twice!) or run into Delenn from Bab5 (literally, as in almost knocked her over). This year we've got some good guests signing on.

Jim Butcher, Nathan Fillion, Eric Flint, Karen Gillan, Laurell K Hamilton, Michael Hogan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Katherin Kurtz, Stan Lee, Elizabeth Moon, Jody Lynn Nye, Billie Piper, Matt Smith, Janny Wurts, Don Maitz, Jane Yolen and Timothy Zahn. There are more, but these are the most recognizable names (so far).

DragonCon is fantastic. I went in 2015 and 16, and my costume was literally just a t-shirt with a horrible niche pun on it and a real daisho (as in, made in Toledo, Spain and actually sharp, but locked in their sheathes for obvious reasons).

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Welcome back!

I wanna goooo. But I can't.

Going to do teh werdz today. Got some dine yesterday but also helped my mom with weeding the garden. Da beagle got to sit out there with us and he rolled in the dirt and dug a tiny hole because he thought he smelled something.

ION: I've noticed lately that ever since my phone did a system update, autocorrect is both better and worse. It's better because I can type a single letter (ex. for text abbreviations) and it no longer corrects it to a full word. But it's worse because sometimes I type a normal word with no misspellings and it decides, no that's the wrong word, and changes it to something else. Like last night I typed the word "drop" and it kept changing to "drip" which made no sense in the context of the sentence. What the heck, autocorrect???

Status
Not open for further replies.