The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
This has been my day today

Go awesome gift story from the Sissyfus exchange.
Herded cats
Laundry
got hubby off to work
Retrieved car
Talked with youngest about possible apprenticeship opportunities, scholarships, and that he'd better win the state Skills USA competition for that sweet scholarship money. Then win more at nationals.
Completed 2 hours of transcription. (roughly 20 minutes of a 1 hour presentation--almost 3k words)

Now I have to complete comments on a beta read
Go do my hour on the treadmill
Toss some dishes in the dishwasher
Do some promo work
Then start on a copy edit for a manuscript.
Oh and get a shower

How has your day been going

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
How has your day been going
Not nearly as productive as yours, yet my list is slowly going down. All that's left is more work on the new outline. Between brainstorming out-of-the-box new ideas and assessing parts of the first draft, I've been rapidly switching back and forth between both sides of my brain all day. Starting to feel woozy. :e2hammer:

The roller coaster that is writing has been on fast forward: brilliance plummeting into dog pooh as I try to deconstruct and evaluate. But I had a guiding ray of syphis sunshine today. If only we could get story's delivered everyday--amazing what they do for inspiration!:Sun:

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Ooo, 1,000th post!
7XRhVs.gif

(sorry, couldn't leave it hanging on 999!)

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I have decided that I officially hate the point between when you do work for someone as a freelancer, and when they actually pay you. Contact or not contract *headdesks*

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
We've been without mine since November. We had to save up the $ to get it fixed and with Christmas, kids needing $ for stuff and other things, well, *shrug*.
The good thing about living in a small town is people take care of each other. We got a discount on the repairs because the mechanic is a friend of my dad.

Talked to mom last night. Dad's not doing well with the medication he's on. It seems to be aggravating his mental state. Not good with a dementia patient. She wanted to pull him off of it but I advised her to speak with the dr. first. I had to explain that when it comes to medications that deal with brain chemistry, it may need to be stepped down. Since I'm not familiar with this drug I didn't know. Mom seems to be holding on to the hope that there's some magical cure for this. There isn't. Even the most experimental drugs for Alzheimer's isn't going to halt early onset dementia. Most likely Dad will be here for another year or so. (I know seems very clinical but that's how I'm processing this right now.)

But otherwise I have a new story to read. A beta read to finish commenting on. Transcriptions to type. Editing to do. Loads to do tonight. It's cool and rainy and I want to snuggle up with books.
]

Snuggle. I think snuggling is good sometimes.

Also, degenerative diseases in general are bad, but I think alzheimers and any type of dementia is particularly shit. Peace and good thoughts to your parents and yourself.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Storm Stella has arrived, and she's somewhat disappointing so far. About 4" of snow - nothing apocalyptic, and yet the state of New York is declared a State of Emergency. Ah, well. I got in fine to work (there's a reason I have an Explorer 4X4) with a few slushy corners. It should continue to snow all day, though. Tonight might be more dicey going home, but the plows will work more during the day, so I'm not that concerned. It's light fluffy snow, which is easy to deal with on my car. Besides, during the day I park in the covered garage at work.

I love coming to work and determining to spend the afternoon on a time-sensitive project when the over-complicating co-worker decides to pick apart something you've done for a different but related project, so you have to spend all afternoon fixing that (after both our bosses said it was good). She sent me a 28 page Powerpoint slide on Best Practices for Flowcharting to show me how to fix it. The slides have about 15 examples. Which one would you like, queen bee? Let me drop all my REAL work to satisfy your editor-craving to pee in everything so you like the flavor more.

GRR...

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
After staying up all night Sunday night to finish my Sisyphus (which my giftee loved - yay!!!), I went home and passed out after dinner.

Tonight, among many other tasks, I would like to open up the 'puter and write/plot/outline something.

claymore1977

Wordsmith Apprentice Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Storm Stella has arrived, and she's somewhat disappointing so far. About 4" of snow - nothing apocalyptic, and yet the state of New York is declared a State of Emergency.

Same here. The way the media played it up, you would have thought it was Winter Storm The End Is Coming. We're about 8" here, but the snow's largely turned to rock salt sized hail. Now that the wind has started picking up and the ice clumps are falling sideways, it actually feels like getting hit with air soft pellets. Not exactly fun sledding conditions :/

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Morning, Cantina. No snow here, but it sleeted last night and the tree branches are all shiny with ice. Unfortunately it's still cloudy so there's no sun to make the ice sparkly and pretty. The power almost went out overnight. The only reason I know this is because I have an air purifier in my room which is a tad on the noisy side and it started going off and on and off and on because the power was fluctuating. Did that about a half a minute until the power decided it was going to stay on. There was also a tree that fell onto the street and the fire department came and cut it up. Also had myself a little panic attack when I went to take the dog out, because the steps have sleet on them. Circa 2006 I fell all the way down the front steps on my back because of sleet. I was in a lot of pain for well over a week afterwards and ever since then, I get really scared of falling again when there's ice of any kind. There were tears, but I made it down and didn't fall this time. Hopefully this will all melt off soon.

I'm going to write words until the guessing thread goes up.

Hollow Knight looks great! The next game on my list is Night in the Woods, though. Look at that weirdness:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/481510/
*watches video* Oooookaaaay. The animation style is interesting, but the gameplay itself looks about as weird, if not weirder than the Raving Rabbids stuff. And that's saying something. :p

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
We keep a bag of rock salt on the front porch to scatter on the steps as needed :) I, too, have fallen on ice on my walkway. I had just moved to WV (second winter since Florida). The sidewalk looked fine. Suddenly I was on my back looking up at the sky, wondering how I got there and why the back of my head hurt. I got a slight concussion, I think. I felt nauseous most of the day and my back and head hurt.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
The storm is also a disappointment here. I woke up expecting a winter wonderland, and we got nothing.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I have decided that I officially hate the point between when you do work for someone as a freelancer, and when they actually pay you. Contact or not contract *headdesks*
Yes, sometimes it is panic inducing. :(

]

Also, degenerative diseases in general are bad, but I think alzheimers and any type of dementia is particularly shit. Peace and good thoughts to your parents and yourself.

Thanks

I love coming to work and determining to spend the afternoon on a time-sensitive project when the over-complicating co-worker decides to pick apart something you've done for a different but related project, so you have to spend all afternoon fixing that (after both our bosses said it was good). She sent me a 28 page Powerpoint slide on Best Practices for Flowcharting to show me how to fix it. The slides have about 15 examples. Which one would you like, queen bee? Let me drop all my REAL work to satisfy your editor-craving to pee in everything so you like the flavor more.

GRR...
I hate co-workers/bosses like that. Makes your life miserable.

This is not ideal.

Ouch!

We didn't hardly get any snow this winter. :(
We didn't either which is starting to get me quite worried. Most of March has been under red-flag warnings which means high risk for fires. Supposedly we will be getting plenty of rain this week so maybe that will soak down the dry grass and such. I hope

Morning all. Much to do again although I did get some things off my list yesterday. Going to make a pot of chili and munch on that all day. Seems a good day for it.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
We didn't get any snow this winter, but that's pretty much our norm. :)

We barely got below freezing, and no freezes at all through February. That is not our norm, and it's a little concerning.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Count me in the crew concerned about the weather. This winter has been absurdly mild. I've only had to scrape my windshield once, only one snow (though it WAS a good one) and a fair number of days in the 60s and up to 70s. This isn't how it's supposed to be. Not at all.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
We got one good snow a couple/three months ago. It was enough that church got canceled, but not so much that we had to dig our way out of the driveway because we couldn't wait for it to melt. Given the way my dad throws a hissy fit at the mere mention of snow, I'm glad we only got one big one. Otherwise, it's been plenty cold and wet with intermittent warm spells. The ice we got here last night is already melted off.

Some of my Tolkien geek friends on Twitter who are farther north than me are posting pics of snow and complaining, though.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I think we're pushing about 10 inches now. I may head home early. I do have an Explorer 4X4 and the town is pretty good about clearing the roads, but I live on the end of a cul-de-sac. That's probably not high priority on the plowman's list.

Annoying co-worker ate my morning up with dithering and vague expostulations. Her manager (my manager's manager) tried to reign her in, but was only partially successful. She still managed to take my current flowcharts (I had 3, she had me make a summary to a total of 4 last week) and increase the number of them by 6. So now, yes, we will have a total of TEN flowcharts. For a relatively simple process. Bojemoi!

Oh, and she wants to contact IT and get their assistance in creating them and install Visio software (which creates flowcharts). Because we need to pull in a whole other department for this.

Overcomplicating Jane has struck once again.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think we're pushing about 10 inches now. I may head home early. I do have an Explorer 4X4 and the town is pretty good about clearing the roads, but I live on the end of a cul-de-sac. That's probably not high priority on the plowman's list.

I always wonder how my much-older sister is doing, up in Canandaigua. She's alienated all her family (including me) except for one daughter, who lives in Canada. This daughter owns a duplex in Canandaigua my sister is "managing." Barely (she's got NPD.) Two tenants posted a Youtube video of her managing style that went viral. It's been scrubbed since then but still floating around in a few places. Safe to say if she wasn't retired, she would never get a paid job again. Anyway, she's of an age where she can't shovel snow by herself so I wonder how the sidewalks are getting clear.

This winter in Seattle has been the coldest and wettest in a decade. We've had snow, not a lot, but some falls actually managed to stick around for a week, frozen, which rarely happens here. Of course, I also live at an elevation, so it's going to stick around for me. I've been itching to do some yard clean up for the longest time, but I just can't with the cold, wind, and constant rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.