Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Morning all. I'm going to get some words done cause I've got various government agencies to go wait at today, and because I am not fitting the mode I've got to create all the legally binding paperwork to explain why *head desks*

OTOH, I burnt my toast this AM, and the smoke alarm hasn't gone off, so I think that counts as a win. Also I have coffee. *pours magic powder into the magical lake of giving and thus gives all the beverage of their choice.

ETA: And lol over fullmetal. I have the first 20 of those books in Japanese because I loved it when I was over there, and sent them all back home via shipped freight. I have no idea what's going on with the new TV series though, but my love for Wendy still remains devout. Because she is awesome.

Last edited:

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Loving the new Zelda and the Switch. Don't wanna go to bed, just wanna play till I'm dead. Rhyme!

Hmm. The price I saw was $400-ish, which may still be lower than the PS3 was, but is still a lot for me. ($299 is still a lot for me)

I'd actually prefer to get the WiiU over the Switch if I was buying right this minute. At least I know it has games I want to play, the new Legend of Zelda being one of them. But again, there's that whole money issue...
Yeah, if you're not a devout Nintendork then being an early adopter is pretty pointless. Getting it when it's built a catalogue and might be on sale come the holidays, however...

The Wii U is certain solid dead, though, so there are no new games coming for it, I'd wait and see to make sure they don't port the games you want to the Switch.

ETA: And lol over fullmetal. I have the first 20 of those books in Japanese because I loved it when I was over there, and sent them all back home via shipped freight. I have no idea what's going on with the new TV series though, but my love for Wendy still remains devout. Because she is awesome.
You mean Brotherhood or is there another new series I don't know of?

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Loving the new Zelda
Is it as purty and cool as it looked in the previews?

The Wii U is certain solid dead, though, so there are no new games coming for it, I'd wait and see to make sure they don't port the games you want to the Switch.
Is it, really? I didn't think it had been around *that* long. o_O

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Loving the new Zelda and the Switch. Don't wanna go to bed, just wanna play till I'm dead. Rhyme!

You mean Brotherhood or is there another new series I don't know of?

Rhymes or no rhymes, I must formally request that you NOT die. Thank you. :p

FMA is being adapted into a live action movie in Japan this year. Just btws :eek:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com

It hasn't, comparatively, but it kinda flopped. People thought it was an expansion of the Wii, a new peripheral, not a new system, so there wasn't as much rush to buy it. Add that with low third-party support (the games list is so small comparatively) and you get a system that died young.

Niniva

Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Registered
Reaction score
*steps out from lurking corner* *peers at new gaming consoles like caveperson*

Guys, I'll be at Dragon Con this year... *nerves* I haven't been to a con in decades, but people are coming from all over, so I kinda gotta. And I have a costuming fetish to feed before I get there. Someone stop me.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Niniva! We must meet up! Come say hi! I always go to DragonCon!!! I will never stop you.

Also, finally home after the work trip. Had yummy salmon and shrimp last night for dinner. And mac-n-cheese tonight. And my book is doing pretty well! It opened today and is 2948 in the paid kindle store - and has 7 reviews already, woohoo!

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,948 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
I was so immersed in the wip today that when I glanced back over my scene, I realized I was writing in 1st. After writing every day for four months in 3rd. I blame it on the ssffsss I had to pause and do (in 1st). That's never happened to me before. Makes me wonder what other mistakes I've made when I've gotten too immersed, but I am kind of pleased too. Means I was getting so deep in the story and character, I slipped right into her voice without realizing it for a couple hundred words. Weird.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
FMA is being adapted into a live action movie in Japan this year. Just btws :eek:

I AM SO EXCITED FOR IT! Confession: I've never watched either anime, but I've read the series. It was so good. I'm just really bad at keeping up with TV. movies, tho, are my jam

Niniva! We must meet up! Come say hi! I always go to DragonCon!!! I will never stop you.

Also, finally home after the work trip. Had yummy salmon and shrimp last night for dinner. And mac-n-cheese tonight. And my book is doing pretty well! It opened today and is 2948 in the paid kindle store - and has 7 reviews already, woohoo!

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,948 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Congrats!

Last edited:

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score

Guys, I'll be at Dragon Con this year... *nerves* I haven't been to a con in decades, but people are coming from all over, so I kinda gotta. And I have a costuming fetish to feed before I get there. Someone stop me.

*TACKLE HUGS TACKLE HUGS TACKLE HUGS TACKLE HUGS!!!!!!* :D :D :D :D G'luck with your dragons, Niniva! :Hug2:

I AM SO EXCITED FOR IT! Confession: I've never watched either anime, but I've read the series. It was so good. I'm just really bad at keeping up with TV. movies, tho, are my jam

Movies are more like butter, for me. In that I think they smell bad on the whole, go rancid rather easily, and tend toward short, meaningless existences. I mean, like, that's just how I feel, yaknow? :s I feel I feel I feel I feel that I should say I am not attempting to poo on your parade, I just, I mean THE ANIME IS SOOOO GUD LIKE WHY EVEN HAVE YOU NOT WATCHED IT??? DO YOU DISLIKE SUBTITLES? IS IT THE SLIGHTLY ANNOYING LITTLE GIRL FROM XING? ARE MOVING PICTURES NOT YOUR THING? DID AN ANIME CHARACTER HURT YOU ONCE UPON A TIME? POINT ME AT THEM I WILL GET REVENGE FOR YOU AND THEN YOU CAN WATCH FMA:B* AND WE CAN FANGIRL TOGETHER IT WILL BE WONDERFUL! XD /rant

*Do not, under any circumstance, no matter what anyone else says, watch the vanilla, original anime. Only Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is worthwhile, and I say that having seen both, and understanding how good they are. On scales of goodness, Brotherhood is a 9 on the Richter Scale, while the original show is like, a pebble falling out of your shoe. I'm not even joking.

I was so immersed in the wip today that when I glanced back over my scene, I realized I was writing in 1st. After writing every day for four months in 3rd. I blame it on the ssffsss I had to pause and do (in 1st). That's never happened to me before. Makes me wonder what other mistakes I've made when I've gotten too immersed, but I am kind of pleased too. Means I was getting so deep in the story and character, I slipped right into her voice without realizing it for a couple hundred words. Weird.

Is this a good sign??? I wanna say this is a good sign, but I don't feel qualified to say anything because I did hardly any writing today let alone good writing and I feel bad and I just, woof... yaknow??

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Like sexual arousal, much reaction to horror takes place in the mind. If that is the case, surely there is nothing more horrible than cleaning an old window of many years' accumulation of paint chips, grime, dust cobwebs, cat fur, and black mold.

Mmm. Try volunteering to help your bro clean his townhouse that he and wifey lived in for five years with a dog...and having to change your cleaning water bucket like five times on the fridge alone because the bottom was coated in layers of dog hair. Inside the fridge. *shudders*

We had a long talk about periodically cleaning his fridge in his then-new house.

Ew.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Urgh. HouseGuest was here last night so I was writing with the laptop in bed and the battery decided to go from fine to "please shut down your battery is at seven percent" to shutting itself down before I could make sure everything saved. >_< I was so mad I didn't even eat the pie I'd been planning for a snack once I was done.

I'm reasonably confident it was saved and backed up, but if it isn't I'll have to rewrite a thing I was pretty pleased with.

And this morning the fat old orange monster cat bounces across the arm of my chair and scratched my arm. After I'd already gotten up almost an hour early because a different cat wouldn't shut up about wanting breakfast and kept pulling at the carpet and bottom of the bedroom door with his claws.

Baaaaahhhhhh.

Aggy, hoping things look better once she's had her tea

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed

It is gorgeous and fun and keeps killing me, but so what? Cooking and farming is more fun than I expected.

As for the other...

It hasn't, comparatively, but it kinda flopped. People thought it was an expansion of the Wii, a new peripheral, not a new system, so there wasn't as much rush to buy it. Add that with low third-party support (the games list is so small comparatively) and you get a system that died young.
That.

Rhymes or no rhymes, I must formally request that you NOT die. Thank you. :p

I won't, I won't.

I'm skeptical.

Aggy B.

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I saw the teaser trailer for the FMA film, I think. Not familiar enough with it to know whether it looks good.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I got all excited when I turned on my phone this morning because I had an Etsy notification and saw the word order. But it turned out it was just telling me that the necklace clasps I ordered from a fellow seller last night have already shipped. Oh well. Not an order formy items but not a bad thing either. I wants my clasps precious.

My dad's retinologists appointment didn't take as long as usual yesterday. I was only sitting for an hour and a half instead of two to three hours, but I still got good reading done. Today I will word and write a book review for Goodreads. And then I'll craft. Speaking of crafting I've GOT to get a picture of the earrings I made and get them put up. I keep putting it off because I feel like the earrings pics I take are lackluster, but I also can't seem to think of a better way to do it.

I'm so out of the technological loop. Sigh.

NINIVA! *TACKLEHUG*

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
guys, the rp I've been doing on and off for 4 years is almost over :cry: I'm already in mourning. I mean, our next campaign sounds AMAZING. but I'm so invested in these characters. what will I do without my babies?

Movies are more like butter, for me. In that I think they smell bad on the whole, go rancid rather easily, and tend toward short, meaningless existences. I mean, like, that's just how I feel, yaknow? :s I feel I feel I feel I feel that I should say I am not attempting to poo on your parade, I just, I mean THE ANIME IS SOOOO GUD LIKE WHY EVEN HAVE YOU NOT WATCHED IT??? DO YOU DISLIKE SUBTITLES? IS IT THE SLIGHTLY ANNOYING LITTLE GIRL FROM XING? ARE MOVING PICTURES NOT YOUR THING? DID AN ANIME CHARACTER HURT YOU ONCE UPON A TIME? POINT ME AT THEM I WILL GET REVENGE FOR YOU AND THEN YOU CAN WATCH FMA:B* AND WE CAN FANGIRL TOGETHER IT WILL BE WONDERFUL! XD /rant

*Do not, under any circumstance, no matter what anyone else says, watch the vanilla, original anime. Only Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is worthwhile, and I say that having seen both, and understanding how good they are. On scales of goodness, Brotherhood is a 9 on the Richter Scale, while the original show is like, a pebble falling out of your shoe. I'm not even joking.

But there are SO MANY EPISODES to a tv show! movie it's like, sit down for a couple hours, you're done. comics, you can read while on the bus, or like, doing other things. tv takes hours. and there are so many good shows. how can I watch them all? :flag: I have a ton of series on the go, but I flip between them a lot and so it takes forever to finish any

Last edited:

Niniva

Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Registered
Reaction score
*collapses under tackle hugs* Hi, everybody! Sorry for fading out the last few months, but I overscheduled December and January by just enough too much and didn't catch up until the end of February.

My first item off my bucket list. Um, enjoying a con is also the only item on my bucket list. Maybe I should add the butterfly house at Callaway Gardens so I have something there to indicate I'm not ready to kick the bucket.

GreenDragon, that's what brought me outta the shadows! I want to make certain I know where your booth will be, as 20 years leaves the memory a might fuzzy. So, um, which hotel has the trader's booths again??? And do you know your booth number? There's still gonna be a map and a schedule readily available, right?

I'm delirious with excitement over meeting everyone in the flesh and costuming overkill. So much overkill. If I use all the bronze I purchased, my costume will weigh fifty pounds. Mr. Man has quoted Andy Griffith at me: "Little ol' ladies ought never to clank."

I'm expanding the skirt by replacing the snaps with bees chained to flowers, since it's two sizes too small. The kilt pins came in, along with most of the danglies to dangle from them. The skeletal oak leaf wings are maybe a tenth finished. My hands are protesting the number of hairpieces I've planned, so I'll have to change my plans if I want to edit anytime soon. I need to take up the bolero's shoulders, as it's two sizes too large, so I'm thinking epaulets should do the trick. I've replaced the bolero's collar with a 1-1/2" bronze choker that I'm planning to line with green velvet. I still have no idea of how I plan to close it. I'm also replacing the bolero's buckle closures with... something. Probably more bees. The balls for my acorns have arrived, but the caps haven't.

Maybe I should turn the acorns green instead of their current brown since nothing else is brown. Despite starting from "Steampunk is what happens when Goths discover brown," the black still comes easier.

My corset hasn't arrived yet. It was supposed to be here yesterday. At least I have time to replace it if anything has caused it to go poof. However, I NEED the corset so Mr. Man can give my costume his nod of husbandly approval. He's worried it's going to be immodest since I chose an underbust for comfort. I'm thinking the space between the bottom of the bolero and the top of the corset won't be too obscene with the peasant blouse, which I turned metallic green-blue to sorta match the 2" thick satin corset laces, and the hosiery, and the glass baubles, and the wings, and the hairpieces, and...

Are we certain about not stopping me...? It seems I have issues. It seems they might be fairly extreme. It seems a bit of overkill. It seems to like matchy-matchy.

Okay, you're right: there's no such thing as too much on a con costume. *nods at your sage advice* I remember now. *wanders off to continue costuming*

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
But there are SO MANY EPISODES to a tv show! movie it's like, sit down for a couple hours, you're done. comics, you can read while on the bus, or like, doing other things. tv takes hours. and there are so many good shows. how can I watch them all? :flag: I have a ton of series on the go, but I flip between them a lot and so it takes forever to finish any

I see it as the exact opposite. A movie is so long and you have to dedicate a full 2 hours or however long to sitting down and watching it. With a TV show, I only have to dedicate 30 min or an hour to an episode or two. Much easier. I go through TV shows easily since I can digest them in bite sized pieces, but movies take me much longer to get around to watching, since I see them as a bigger time commitment.

Last edited:

Aggy B.

Registered
Reaction score
Novelette is finished. The first draft at least. Not quite 70 pages of weird and squishy, feminist bio-punk. (Feminist because the only characters who make it more than one scene are a 60-something woman, a bio-engineered tween, and a gender-neutral support animal. Also, SF and terraforming that is based on living structures, not machines. And bio-tech that cannot be replaced, only taken care of or everyone dies. And a butt-tonne of feels. Hah.)

Anyway. I'm pleased with it. I have sent it to a beta-reader. If anyone else wants to look at it, ping me because I am aiming high with this one.

Now I have some housework to do before I go pick up Monkey.

Aggy, fighting off a headache too

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Niniva, I'm in the Art Show, which is different from the Vendor Room. The Art Show is in the bowels of the Hyatt. I have just applied for my spot, so I'm not even certain I'll be IN yet, much less where. However, I am definitely going regardless (and I usually get in with at least a panel, if not a Bazaar table - the table runs about 75% of the time). We will need to meet up!

Book is still going strong. My editor said it had sold over 120 copies before it went live. Amazon shows over 50 sold since then, but it's been ranked high (and the rankings can hide the number sold). Typically it's 1.5-1.75 times what it shows. So, 75-85 since then? Pushing 200, woohoo!

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Yay for all the book selling.
My mother is home early, so we're having a family long weekend, which will be nice (she works in another town during the week and boards with a young family). There are "music by the river" things on, so I'm presuming there will be wine and music and food this weekend.

As for full metal - the first TV series was the only one out when I was in Japan. Cause it was about 10 years ago now *hides*. I've just never gotten around to watching brotherhood.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
So that makes 3 times in less than 10 days we've had severe storm warnings, thunderstorms, tornado sirens, and hail. -_- Then Saturday our 70 degree weather is supposed to go belly up with snow and maybe some ice. This does not bode well for summer as even though we've had storms, they've not dropped a lot of water. And since we've had very little snow, 2017 is starting with a rain deficit. Red flag warnings--meaning elevated chances of fires--have been up since the end of February.

2 of the 3 cats are in hiding until the scary thunderboomers go away. Middle cat did go hide just before the hail started (got up to quarter size this time) but she's out prowling again.

Tonight consists of words, words, and more words. There's a great beta read that landed in my inbox earlier, but I've got to adult and do the pay the bills work before I can do the fun stuff. :)

Aggy B.

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. We've got 70 something here today with 1-3 inches of snow predicted for the weekend.

I'm home. Have a headache. Have rum. Have some slow cooker pork with yummy beans and rice.

Will beta-reading tonight if the headache cooperates. And I love my agent.

Aggy, stupid pollen

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Watching the Star Trek Voyager episode "Infinite Regress". Daaaang they really put Jeri Ryan through her acting paces in that one. 7 of 9 kept switching between at least 5 different personalities. The way she changed her voice and body language to make each one distinct was pretty impressive, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.