The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and now that you mention The DUFF - I did see that DVD somewhere recently. Not sure whether it was in the department store, or JB Hi-Fi, but yeah... Had no idea it was written by an AWer! Might have to buy it if I see it again (and remember). :)

She also makes a brief appearance in the film, towards the end - also a shot of her in the end credits when her name comes up.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Cool. :) I must admit, I've dreamt for a long time of having something I wrote turned into a movie. It could still happen, of course, but I'm a bit more realistic with my expectations now. Hollywood blockbuster? Probably not. Indie filmmaker picking up one of my stories? Possible.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
So... I'm struggling with my attitude towards writing right now. Basically, I enjoy writing, and especially enjoy being creative. I'm also pretty good at it, according to the feedback I've received. However, at this point it is becoming apparent that I enjoy making music even more. It's also more satisfying when I play an instrument well, whereas when I write well it's sort of, "Yeah, I'd expect so."

I think it'd be kind of foolish to abandon writing now, after I've put in so much effort to get good at it. But at the same time, I'm far more excited about music right now. It's a bit of a conundrum, really.

As an author, jewelry artist, photography and digital painter, I have four muses that constantly vie for my attention. They usually take several months worth of time, use me shamelessly, then abandon me as a wasted skin until the next time. Currently, my jewelry muse is shaking me awake in the morning. My photography muse usually waits until I've just gone on vacation and have thousands of new photos to sort and process. Yes, thousands - my last 16 day vacation resulted in 9900 photos. Out of that, I got about 300 usable ones. For me, that's a decent return. My digital painting muse is the most somnolent. The author muse occasionally gets beaten down by the editing anti-muse, and she is currently recovering from a particularly brutal beating these last two months. I expect she'll return in the coming few weeks. None of my muses were particularly active from high school until I was about 35. Then they exploded in furious vengance, making up for lost time.

Cool. :) I must admit, I've dreamt for a long time of having something I wrote turned into a movie. It could still happen, of course, but I'm a bit more realistic with my expectations now. Hollywood blockbuster? Probably not. Indie filmmaker picking up one of my stories? Possible.

Do we all not dream of this? I look at examples such as Diana Gabaldon, whose first novel wasn't written with an eye for publication, but to practice the art of writing a novel! The first one she wrote - now it's a fantastic TV series, currently filming books 3 and 4. Sigh.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I met Gabaldon in 1992 at a local convention, just after Outlander was published. Very inspirational.

Re: Chatty Cathies. I don't tolerate them at events when they don't offer me something useful or interesting. I'm firm but polite about it. 'Excuse me, I am with customers right now. Since you're not buying, and not my employee, could you please move along?' If they get huffy I call security.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I now OFFICIALLY only have 2 PT appointments left!:hooray: One next week and one the week after. Then they'll let me be on my own for two weeks, then give me a follow-up call to see how I'm doing.

Wording today and also wanting the yarn I ordered to go ahead get here already.

:hi:

Social cues - apparently guys mistake my friendliness for flirtation. It's worse with the creepy ones and now I'm starting to have the same issue with older men.
Myrealana said:
My husband is the opposite: constantly mistaking overt flirtation for mere friendliness. Back when I was trying to get him to notice me, I finally had to resort to just kissing him. Since then, I've watched women practically throw themselves at him with me STANDING RIGHT THERE. He's oblivious. "Wasn't she helpful?" "Dear, the only thing she wanted to help was herself into your pants." "Whaaa?"
As far as I can tell, guys don't think my friendliness is flirtation. 'Course I don't have much prolonged interaction with "guys" of any age, so it's not much of an issue. And of course, if I actually do think a guy is cute, I more risk him thinking I *don't* like him because I can barely make eye-contact and lose all ability to talk in a coherent manner.

But I do at least know when I'm being flirted with. Unfortunately, the only time I remember that happening was when I was 14. My dad and I went to a small bakery where the two employees were busy outside unloading stuff from a truck, but their boss (who had to be at least 50 if not 60) was inside. He *should* have been professional and taken our order himself whether his employees were outside or not, but noooo he was much more interested in just standing there and repeatedly telling me how pretty he thought I was. I picked up on the fact that he was being creepy long before my dad did. The first time, I thought he was just being nice and said thank you, but by the second compliment I was already getting uncomfortable with the way he was looking at me. Third and fourth time, I started looking at my dad like, "Seriously, we're just going to stand here while this creepy old man flirts with me?" Fifth time, my dad finally seemed to get it, took my hand and stomped out and told the two very slow employees outside that they were working for a pervert. Probably not the best way he could have handled it, but at least we finally left and never went back. I reaaaaally wish that wasn't the only memory I have of someone flirting with me. :/

Those pendants sound delightful, Filigree! Pics when you've done them!
This^:)

Ouch... 2 rejections on the same story in 2 days.
:Hug2:

I also have severe Bitchy Resting Face, so what on earth made total strangers think it was OK to talk to me???
Heh, I tend to *think* I have that, and I'm pretty sure I do sometimes like when I'm just standing in line and getting bored, etc., but then I've been trained by societal expectation to smile when someone makes eye-contact, so then they think I'm friendly and can talk to me.

Do we all not dream of this? I look at examples such as Diana Gabaldon, whose first novel wasn't written with an eye for publication, but to practice the art of writing a novel! The first one she wrote - now it's a fantastic TV series, currently filming books 3 and 4. Sigh.
QFT. I wanna have a movie/TV series made out of my stories!

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
It's bitingly cold outside. Ugh. Hate cold. Brrrruh. Sudden snap to cold, it was warm enough I didn't even bother closing my coat a few days ago, and now my ears are being bitten off by frostwolves. Guh.

I'd prefer seeing my stories turned into cartoons or anime. I think they'd translate better into that medium and, frankly, live-action movies and shows don't get me half as invested in the story. I don't know if there's something wrong with my facial recognition software or if it's an actual trend with actors these days, but it seems to me they just never, or rarely, show their emotions strongly enough. The subtler emotions might be more realistic, but it's also just harder to see and hear. I think cartoons, and especially anime, characters are much better at wearing their hearts on their sleeves.

Apropos of nothing, I've been reading some fanfiction and one author keeps using "ulterior" in places where she definitely doesn't mean the dictionary definition of "ulterior", and I think I know what she means but I can't think of the right word for it. Can anyone think of the word she might be confusing?

RD, that reminded me that I thought of writing a story (it would have to be a short) based on the folk song, Down by the Greenwood Side. It's basically the story of a woman who was seduced by the local landlord, and when she was pregnant, she self-aborted her twins. She sees them 7 years later, and think they're adorable, and said if they were hers, she'd pamper them. They said they were hers, and all she'd get was 7 years of hell for killing them.

There are several versions - some with girls, some with boys, etc. It's also called Cruel Mother. My favorite is by Lothlorien.

Folk songs can be full of delightful misery.
I know of this Icelandic folk song in which a poor woman had to drown her infant daughter, and some time later she was meeting with someone of high stature and her baby's ghost appeared and said "you can wear my dress [shroud], mama". It's so haunting I haven't listened to it in ages. Like, a decade. It terrified me when I was younger. Well, after my dad told me the story.

So... I'm struggling with my attitude towards writing right now. Basically, I enjoy writing, and especially enjoy being creative. I'm also pretty good at it, according to the feedback I've received. However, at this point it is becoming apparent that I enjoy making music even more. It's also more satisfying when I play an instrument well, whereas when I write well it's sort of, "Yeah, I'd expect so."

I think it'd be kind of foolish to abandon writing now, after I've put in so much effort to get good at it. But at the same time, I'm far more excited about music right now. It's a bit of a conundrum, really.
Write songs?

RedDragoness

Not your mother's dragon
Registered
Reaction score

Not at all. To me, creativity is creativity. If I don't channel it through one medium - writing, mostly, for me - it comes out in another way, like in the fall when I'm generally too busy to write but I go all-out decorating our house for Halloween and putting together NYCC cosplay for me and Dragonlet the Elder. I'm not super crafty and can't sew for shit, but I am very good at MacGuyverying stuff together. And that seems to satisfy a lot of my creative needs when I don't have the time to sit and make werdz.

Basically, as long as you are being creative I don't think you should wallow too much in non-writing guilt. It'll come back to you when it's ready. Meanwhile, don't ignore your music muse or she might take it as a hint and leave!

I admit, I dream of my one novel getting picked up, writing the second and third that go with it, and them being turned into an awesome HBO series like GoT or even True Blood. I even dream of my short stories getting picked up by Podcastle or Pseudopod and turned into beautifully read podcasts.

FWIW, I use the Submissions Grinder to track my short story subs. I also keep a separate email folder for all auto-reponses and BCC myself if there is no submissions portal, so that I can also track the stories I send to those few markets that are not on SG.

It's cold here today, too. We are supposed to get snow tonight, and since this is only my second winter as a homeowner I am obsessing over whether or not to salt/sand our driveway. Our driveway is very steep and narrow, and though my Subaru navigates it just fine, my husband's car is crap in snow and slips and slides a lot. Can anyone with experience being a grownup in winter tell me when and if I should salt/sand our driveway if we're expected to get up to 2 inches of snow overnight?

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
It's cold here today, too. We are supposed to get snow tonight, and since this is only my second winter as a homeowner I am obsessing over whether or not to salt/sand our driveway. Our driveway is very steep and narrow, and though my Subaru navigates it just fine, my husband's car is crap in snow and slips and slides a lot. Can anyone with experience being a grownup in winter tell me when and if I should salt/sand our driveway if we're expected to get up to 2 inches of snow overnight?

The biggest issue with sand is that it can make your pavement "slick" if there's no snow. BUT, you can take road salt (or water conditioning salt which is usually waaaaay cheaper than the stuff they sell for sidewalks/driveways) and dissolve it in really hot water and then pour that on areas that are likely to be a problem if it snows. It'll create a base layer of meltiness, and then you can use the dry stuff for any remaining problem patches after it snows. (The big problem with salt is that it melts stuff best when it's wet. Depending on the type of snow you get it can take a while for the salt to really work and the rock salt will make little holes, but not melt wide areas at first.)

We used to live on a steep driveway and when we got snow (which is fairly rare) we usually started with a big bucket of salty water dumped along the top edge, then we'd scrape it off with a shovel or a good stiff push broom. (Push broom is great for small accumulations because it doesn't scrape on the pavement, but it will sometimes leave a thin slushy layer that should be salted or rinsed off.) Please note: I am not a snow clearing professional. Advice is based on personal experience, individual results may vary. ;)

Speaking of, they are saying we might get snow here tomorrow. Maybe. We've stocked up on bread and meat. And eggs. And coffee and water. Just in case.

Aggy, not fond of snow

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Some guys.

My husband is the opposite: constantly mistaking overt flirtation for mere friendliness. Back when I was trying to get him to notice me, I finally had to resort to just kissing him. Since then, I've watched women practically throw themselves at him with me STANDING RIGHT THERE. He's oblivious. "Wasn't she helpful?" "Dear, the only thing she wanted to help was herself into your pants." "Whaaa?"

OMG! :roll: I just now saw this and cracked up! My dad was the exact same way! :ROFL:

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'd prefer seeing my stories turned into cartoons or anime. I think they'd translate better into that medium and, frankly, live-action movies and shows don't get me half as invested in the story. I don't know if there's something wrong with my facial recognition software or if it's an actual trend with actors these days, but it seems to me they just never, or rarely, show their emotions strongly enough. The subtler emotions might be more realistic, but it's also just harder to see and hear. I think cartoons, and especially anime, characters are much better at wearing their hearts on their sleeves.

I know of this Icelandic folk song in which a poor woman had to drown her infant daughter, and some time later she was meeting with someone of high stature and her baby's ghost appeared and said "you can wear my dress [shroud], mama". It's so haunting I haven't listened to it in ages. Like, a decade. It terrified me when I was younger. Well, after my dad told me the story.

One of the reasons I like watching British TV/movies is because their actors are different-looking. They aren't all clones of the current 'ideal' like US actors/actresses. Their faces have character, flaws, scars, etc. They aren't plastic barbie-dolls. These days, I watch a show (Man in a High Castle is one recent example I can think of) and the main male characters look the same. It takes me three episodes to figure out their differences. Same with female characters. C'mon, folks. Not every man is tall, thin, wiry, dark short hair, with 5 O'clock shadow beards.

The biggest issue with sand is that it can make your pavement "slick" if there's no snow. BUT, you can take road salt (or water conditioning salt which is usually waaaaay cheaper than the stuff they sell for sidewalks/driveways) and dissolve it in really hot water and then pour that on areas that are likely to be a problem if it snows. It'll create a base layer of meltiness, and then you can use the dry stuff for any remaining problem patches after it snows. (The big problem with salt is that it melts stuff best when it's wet. Depending on the type of snow you get it can take a while for the salt to really work and the rock salt will make little holes, but not melt wide areas at first.)

We used to live on a steep driveway and when we got snow (which is fairly rare) we usually started with a big bucket of salty water dumped along the top edge, then we'd scrape it off with a shovel or a good stiff push broom. (Push broom is great for small accumulations because it doesn't scrape on the pavement, but it will sometimes leave a thin slushy layer that should be salted or rinsed off.) Please note: I am not a snow clearing professional. Advice is based on personal experience, individual results may vary. ;)

Speaking of, they are saying we might get snow here tomorrow. Maybe. We've stocked up on bread and meat. And eggs. And coffee and water. Just in case.

Aggy, not fond of snow

Be careful - road salt doesn't work if it's TOO cold. Anything under 15 degrees F or so, it just stops being effective.

Best thing I've ever found to help with grip in snow? Cat litter. Works a treat for foot traffic. I don't have a car though so YMMV.

I've used kittie litter to good effect :D

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score

Honestly, if you're not in the mood to write, don't write. Music is a great medium, and if it makes you happier, go with it. You might want to write again some time in the future. And if not, as long as you're creating something, you're good :)

*Bitter laughter*

I got really close to having a webseries I wrote turned into a real thing. It was going to be a student project, with the possibility of being made into an on-going project. I even had a real producer helping out. BUT THEN IT ALL WENT TO SHIT. Problem a) two of our actors, who were amazing during auditions, sucked. Apparently "your best friend is dying. You should be sad" didn't make sense to one of them. He was like "but... why would I care?" LIKE. HE'S YOUR BEST FRIEND. HE'S LIKE YOUR BROTHER. WHY WOULDN'T YOU CARE DO YOU NOT HAVE FRIENDS??? *exhales* so he kept laughing during the death scene, which made the other actor laugh, and it was just a mess. In the end, the producer decided that we needed to re-edit their scenes so they were in as little of it as possible. Fine. But then problem b) the editor never actually finished her work. She's an amazing person, and an amazing editor. I've seen her work, and she's a pro. But she just never finished this project. I checked in every few weeks (I didn't want to rush her, but I didn't want her to forget) and everyone would say "she's almost done! Should be another week." It's been over half a year. It's just not happening.

I'm upset on my behalf, because I put a lot of work in and I think I had a really good script, but also because of all the people who worked (FOR FREE) and got nothing out of it. Like, we had an amazing director of photography. He went above and beyond. He had tons of great ideas, and worked for over 12 hours with few breaks. All he got out of it was some free food. And, I guess, something for his resume, but if anyone asks him about it he'll have to say it never got finished. So. And the other actors were amazing! They really understood their characters.

I am. Still pissed about the whole thing, but getting over it. *Breathes* ANYWAY. My point is: getting your work made into film/TV/etc is awesome, but be prepared for some really dumb set-backs.

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
One of the reasons I like watching British TV/movies is because their actors are different-looking. They aren't all clones of the current 'ideal' like US actors/actresses. Their faces have character, flaws, scars, etc. They aren't plastic barbie-dolls. These days, I watch a show (Man in a High Castle is one recent example I can think of) and the main male characters look the same. It takes me three episodes to figure out their differences. Same with female characters. C'mon, folks. Not every man is tall, thin, wiry, dark short hair, with 5 O'clock shadow beards.
That's a bother, too. But is it just me or are they actually lousy at emoting? Some are better than others, obviously.

Be careful - road salt doesn't work if it's TOO cold. Anything under 15 degrees F or so, it just stops being effective.
Reason number three to disdain it, reason number one being that it hurts puppy paws and number two being its corrosive qualities.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Well day 5 of the new year and I have 3 rejections already. But I have 6 stories (5 new ones from 2016/17) currently out. I looked at my other stories and thought NOPE! They are currently in the "have no idea what to do with this" pile. Probably heading for the trunk for now. Maybe I'll resurrect a few at another point.

Like GD I have several muses. Writing, beading, painting, fiber arts. They tug me at different times. Sometimes all at once. I usually try to split time with them when they are all nattering at me. Writing is pretty much a daily activity (my work or client work) so that one chatters away nonstop anymore. The others peep up at different times. Funny when they try to talk all at once. It leads to interesting things.

Goals for today are more editing for a client. Got to have it done by Saturday. It's a developmental edit but he's got some structural issues in the writing that I'm pointing out. A few plot holes. Normal stuff. I think this will be a great story once it's ironed out.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

Do we all not dream of this?

Not me, 'cause if anything I wrote got made into a movie or TV show, I probably would never watch it myself anyway. :greenie

On the other hand, it'd be cool to see something of mine (or a spin-off) made into an RPG video game. Not sure if I'd prefer something more old-school or 3D and fancy. Not that much different from a TV show or movie, but it has that nice interactivity.

griffins

Registered
Reaction score

Imagine the waiting room for that audition!

I usually feel kind of the opposite, that animated characters tend to be too histrionic. I've found that people don't usually break down the way anime characters do. It requires a slight suspension of disbelief to watch those more cartoony shows, for me. That being said, I'm generally not a huge fan of the Leo DiCaprio school of overacting, though some actors do great with that. It's just a preference thing though. I usually prefer shows where the characters have something to hide. The threat, or romance, or whatever, is often more implicit.

As far as I can tell, guys don't think my friendliness is flirtation. 'Course I don't have much prolonged interaction with "guys" of any age, so it's not much of an issue. And of course, if I actually do think a guy is cute, I more risk him thinking I *don't* like him because I can barely make eye-contact and lose all ability to talk in a coherent manner.

It'll come together, Efbeeeeee! I was completely oblivious in my 20's, and when flirting did come my way, it was like, "Who me? Naww!" But one day, it'll click and you'll be like, "Oh. Yes, me. Okay then. Let's see what you're going on about. My gosh, I hope I don't sound this foolish when I talk. Yeah, sure, I'll have a coffee."

RedDragoness

Not your mother's dragon
Registered
Reaction score

Aggy, not fond of snow

I've used kittie litter to good effect :D

Ah, thanks for the advice. I never would have thought of dissolving the salt first. Last winter I'd just spread my snowmelt around, hope for the best, and wound up with those melty patches you mentioned. Mostly I need to make sure that a)my husband can get out of our driveway tomorrow morning with his winter-craptastic car without sliding around or hitting our tall brick retaining wall (thus why we have leftover sand from last year's big end-of-January blizzard, because the driveway entrance is such a steep incline from the street that my husband's car would not go up with any leftover snow or ice on the driveway and we had to get traction somehow because we are not allowed to street park in our town); and b)that I can get the Dragonlets up the driveway to my car without them slipping and falling, though I can always drive the car around to the front if need be.

Re, British actors and The Man in the High Castle: you know that the actors who play John Smith and Frank Frink are British in real life, right? I mean, I agree with you on most American actors looking alike. I'm at the age now where I can't really tell any young celebrities apart and haven't even heard of most of them anyway. It doesn't help that I'm terrible with names and faces; today at school pick-up a mom of one of my dragonlet's friends looked right at me, walked toward me, and asked me how my New Year's was, and I was like, "Who is she?" She's been to my house. Her child has played with my child at our home. And I was still like, "???"

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Perhaps I should have said 'choices for actors in American shows' as a more precise description. It's like they all try to be as close to possible to one ideal, to the point of genericism. I call it the 'boy band look.' Whereas British shows don't seem to fear casting people with more interesting and unique looks.

We have a driveway that's a bit steep but I park at the top (even if it's at an angle) just in from the street. We also cannot park on the street from 11/1 to 3/31, due to snow plows. So I park RIGHT at the top, but in the driveway itself. Barely. If it gets icy, the part under the car is less likely to have any ice, as it's been covered all night. Also, the plows are kind and don't block us in with plowed snow. I live on a cul-de-sac, and they push it all to the one spot with no driveways.

Of course the beeping as they back up 17 times to do so at 5:30am is a bit distracting.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'm not going to multi-quote, or else I'd be here all morning typing out responses. :)

So, what I'm hearing is that it's okay to take a break from writing. Either I'll come back to it later, or I can focus on music, but either way, I'll still be exercising my creative urges. Which is good, really. It still feels like "giving up", in that negative sense, though, but that can't be helped.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. :)

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
You know, I could have done with about 1,000 more days of winter break, but there's something about a small army of tiny humans all screeching your name early in the morning. :greenie

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Evening, Cantina.

Today was interesting. I can announce that Ring of Fire Press is going to be releasing an anthology of all the Monster Society stories (including the five I co-wrote and a brand new, co-written novella). Should be fun. No details on when they plan to release it, but I think probably late summer or fall.

School is cancelled tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get an extra hour of sleep in the morning.

Aggy, enough drama for the rest of the year

feyngirl

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alackoftheologyandgeometry.wordpress.com
Currently in Texas *waves at JJ*. So far the trip has had really great vegan food. I'm not actually vegan, but the options have been so delicious looking I've gone for them every time. I kind of assumed the food would be more cow-oriented.

In the first few days of 2016 I've had a short story acceptance, a notice one is being held for consideration and a lovely personal rejection. Which is a step up on the second half of last year, which was either crickets or mostly forms. Time to get my rear in gear and start revising my unfinished stories... once SSSFFSS is over. Because that story is in my head now, and it's scratching away and I need to get it out. And I am going to have so much fun doing it. The one I wrote over Christmas turned out quite difficult, but this one is just going to be terrific fun (I hope).

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Congrats to Aggy, JJ, Filigree and Feyngirl on your sales! Whoohoo!

All this talk of cold weather and steep driveways and to salt or not to salt has me looking out my window and sighing. It was 5 degrees F for the high here yesterday (that was before windchill). And Monday night the roads all turned into a giant skating rink when it rained and froze. So much as I understand the hatred of salt as evil...sometimes it is a very necessary evil. If they hadn't done as good of a job salting the roads Tuesday morning to melt the ice before we dipped into these colder temps where the salt doesn't work...YIKES!

I'm looking forward to a warm up into double digits this weekend. I think it's even supposed to get up to 15 degrees F tomorrow? I wouldn't mind the cold if we had a big dumping of snow again. The rain messed up what snow we had, which makes winter fun outdoors not so fun. Blergh, mutter mutter.

To add insult to injury, I can't head back up to the cabin this weekend because the new tires for my car are supposed to arrive and the SO plans to put them on. And he needs the other car in case he has to run and get any tools or "uh oh" parts while making the changes. He was doing a lot of mumbling around my car the other day when we were changing the oil and some of the tie rod ends. *sigh*

In other news, I have been distracted watching North and South for the first time...and then rewatching it again. HOW did I miss this all these years? Gaah. Richard Armitage, so good. His Mr. Thornton has now supplanted Mr. Darcy as number one in my heart, and that was a hard thing to do.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
So I woke up this morning with a story idea. Is it the best story idea I've ever had? Not really. But in the right hands, it could be huge, like Da Vinci Code Huge. If Dan Brown was writing it, it would suck, but millions would read it. If I wrote it, it wouldn't suck, but not even my husband would read it.

Yay for creativity.

Not having a happy morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.