The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elise-K-Ra'sha

Driving myself crazy with writing
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. Done pissing and moaning to myself. This place needs to liven up some anyway.

Anyone want any whiskey-laced bon bons?

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Well, finally did a rewrite and update of my Fantasy flash piece "Elite" up in the flash crit forum. Anyone who wants to go over and take a look is welcome to do so, and will forever have my appreciation. The last version felt like a scene instead of a story, this one feels more complete.

*hides while her baby is torn apart*

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Oi, I got words! Only 800 of 'em, but they are shiny new important fictional words. Yay, me. Then I got derailed into a bit of research tangent to Ellora's Cave. Damn research.

I read my old work every few years. Some of it makes me cringe, but I posted it on a fanfic archive anyway. Some of it was okay. The worst of it shall never, ever see the light of day, because I was lucky enough to write it in the dark days pre-Internet. So easy publishing with less-than-skilled publishers was a rarity. Or in a 'zine. If you were in a 'zine, no one cared if it was crap. Because most of it was crap, so good stuff shone like a beacon. Most of it was never digitized, either.

Aggy, hugs. You do know that it's a law of this universe that the more important a project is, the more mistakes you'll find in it, just a smidge too late?

I follow our esteemed Cobra in this matter: Doesn't stop me from putting a bow on it and lobbing that sucker over the wall.

This really, really works. It's part of the portfolio of F**kYou Filters I somehow developed over the last thirty years of my life.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished a two day marathon of Firefly and Serenity. Jeez I love that show. I know I had better things to do with my time, and I should be ashamed.

BUT I'M NOT!

*strips off clothes*
*dances out the door*

Corsairs

Saying it twice for truth
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished a two day marathon of Firefly and Serenity. Jeez I love that show. I know I had better things to do with my time, and I should be ashamed.

BUT I'M NOT!

*strips off clothes*
*dances out the door*
Love is never having to apologize for a Firefly marathon. And you are loved in this Cantina. :)

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Two nights of ruthless cutting, improving the flow, and deleting whole scenes has reduced what was a 13,500 word behemoth of a short story to ... 12,500 words.

Hey, it's a start.

Filigree, noooooooo!

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
They said in the video the leopard seal's head (or was it the jaw?) was about twice the size of a grizzly bear's. I didn't realize they were that big.
Ah. My computer is in a shared space, I seldom watch video and if I do, it's mostly without sound.

That saucy minx. Glad she got a big break!
Hollywood called. They want Elizabeth to star in the next Sharkoptopus movie. They think she'll be awesome for the love intrest role.

A Firefly and Serenity marathon is to be loved. And no, there are no better things to do with your time, really.

:cry::Headbang: I just blew out a raid with ten years of data. Fuck my evening.
:Hug2: Backups available, I hope?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com

So you're restoring from your backups, right? Right??

:Hug2: What Pete said.

I managed to go swimming this morning, my head feels much more with it now. I was getting cranky, well, crankier really.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Cantina! TGIF!!!!!!! :snoopy:

Extra long weekend too. I only worry that this day is going drag. I have plans this evening with that gentleman I spoke of yesterday. A dance party at Phipp's Conservatory (botanical gardens place). It's gonna be so much fun!

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Words were written this morning. By me! Hurrah for the hillbilly! (runs back to make more words)

ETA: Less yay: my hand joints HURT. Don't know why, but if it doesn't stop soon, I'm going to be quite cross. It's like poking a bad tooth every time I have to hit the space bar. Grrr!

Last edited:

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, lovelies.

Long day yesterday, but I managed to get to bed fairly early which means I'm not especially tired today. Cranky is another matter. Too much to do and never enough time, right? But it is Friday so yay!

Aggy, breakfast shuffle

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Yes.

Love is never having to apologize for a Firefly marathon.

Quote Booked.

Hollywood called. They want Elizabeth to star in the next Sharkoptopus movie. They think she'll be awesome for the love intrest role.

As long as she can get all of us in as extras. I'm still ticked that I wasn't able to make it into Sharknado 3 as one, especially since it was filming in DC.

This is the droid I'm looking for.

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Cantina!
3 day weekend! WOOT!
It will be full of words, and freelance stuff and maybe an afternoon off to go fishing. :)

Oh and my Etsy link should work fine now if you want to look at pretties. ;)

Last edited:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
We had our 3 day weekend last weekend in UK - now I want another one!

Technically I get a 3 day weekend, then work until Thursday then have another 3 day weekend.... *snicker snort*

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Cantina.

*spears the raspberry-chocolate coffee barrel, liquid goodness flows down the aqueducts from Mt. Doom (a volcano that heats the coffee to perfect temperature), and fills the coffee fountain in the Cantina*

Did a bit more editing last night, but mostly just sat back and relaxed. Very much looking forward to the 3 day weekend. And tomorrow is patrol-day!

Okay. Done pissing and moaning to myself. This place needs to liven up some anyway.

Yes please!

Something better than a Firefly marathon? Hmmm...

I got my wife to sit down and watch Serenity. She actually liked it, and she normally doesn't likey anything sci-fi.
Good morning, Cantina! TGIF!!!!!!! :snoopy:

Extra long weekend too. I only worry that this day is going drag. I have plans this evening with that gentleman I spoke of yesterday. A dance party at Phipp's Conservatory (botanical gardens place). It's gonna be so much fun!

Have fun!

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all. :D

How into your characters do you get? I have a character who's favorite weapon is throwing knives. I did tons of research on throwing knives and really enjoyed what I read. In fact, I enjoy it so much I bought a set of throwing knives to teach myself the skill so I could write it better. xD They just came in the mail and I've been practicing throwing them all morning. Holly hell it's fun!

Do you get into your characters like that?

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
They just came in the mail and I've been practicing throwing them all morning. Holly hell it's fun!

Heh yep throwing knives are fun. Had a set as a kid. Got pretty decent at it too. :) Lost them in one move or another. :(

Depends on what your character is going to do. I've been talking with B about learning to fight. Not sure what discipline yet. I think it would be helpful for any writer who's characters are involved in hand to hand or even occasional tussles to be at least introduced into what happens. Same goes with firearms or archery. And if you write period fiction, there's lots of stuff you can get involved in through SCA, Renfairs and other events.

It just depends on how far you want to go.

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The project I really want to work is in a notebook in a leather dufflebag that's MIA. :rant::rant::Headbang::deadhorse

At least I have other projects I can work on, right?

Ouch.

Yes.

Ooooooooooooooooooh.... :Hug2:

Love is never having to apologize for a Firefly marathon. And you are loved in this Cantina. :)

PREACH.

Morning all. :D

How into your characters do you get? I have a character who's favorite weapon is throwing knives. I did tons of research on throwing knives and really enjoyed what I read. In fact, I enjoy it so much I bought a set of throwing knives to teach myself the skill so I could write it better. xD They just came in the mail and I've been practicing throwing them all morning. Holly hell it's fun!

Sometimes. Actually, scratch that. Yes. I had a character who loves running, so I started running to see what it felt like. While my own adventures in running tapered off, it gave me what I needed. Same with the novel I just finished. Music is a huge component for both characters so it got me back at the piano, playing again. So much so that I'm trying to learn THE PIECE that Winks showed me on youtube that, quite frankly, encapsulates the novel perfectly.

Currently my characters are a jewel thief and a former assassin, so I don't think practicing either of those trades is going to fly. But it does mean I get to read a lot about sparklies and gem cutting :greenie

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Happy Friday, Cantina!

I really should do words today, but my brain isn't wanting to focus.

On a completely unrelated note, my dad said that one of my relatives on his side of the family was doing some genealogy research and found that we do, in fact, have an ancestor who came to America on the Mayflower. Cool!

BUT I'M NOT!

*strips off clothes*
*dances out the door*
Woohoo! Nekkid Granny Dance!

I don't see why you should be ashamed of a two day Firefly and Serenity marathon. I'm going to do a six day Middle Earth Extended Edition movie marathon (one day for each movie because my eyeballs will fall out if I watch them all in one day) after the Battle of the Five Armies EE comes out. I will probably try to make it a crochet marathon too, though. My hands just start to get fidgety if I sit staring at a TV and not doing anything else for too long. *is a crafting addict*
:ROFL:

Want.

*notices the price* Never mind.

*spears the raspberry-chocolate coffee barrel, liquid goodness flows down the aqueducts from Mt. Doom (a volcano that heats the coffee to perfect temperature), and fills the coffee fountain in the Cantina*
*decides to re-heat an ordinary looking doughnut in the Cantina microwave* *pulls the doughnut out to find that it's not even hot*

Aw, man. Something's wrong with the microwave! Hey, wait a minute...There are glowing words appearing on the side of the doughnut! What do they say?

"One doughnut to rule them all,
One doughnut to find them,
One doughnut to bring them all,
and in the frosting, bind them,
In the Land of Mordor, where the caffeine lies."

Uh-oh. This must be the One Doughnut that the Dark Lord Sauron Sourdough created from his own super secret evil recipe! Well, I guess I better take care of this thing before he comes to get it and tries to take over all the Krispy Kremes of the world again.

*sets off on an epic quest to dunk the One Doughnut to Rule Them All into the raspberry-chocolate coffee of Mt. Doom, where it was created*

I don't want to destroy the One Doughnut, mind you. I just want to eat it.

*wonders what the Elvish word for "doughnut" is*

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I used to get into my characters a good bit, mostly all research, but I did manage a trip to London. I need to go back.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I started the day off thinking about various races I could include in a fantasy setting I'm thinking I could use for various stories and whatnot.

I then proceeded to spend most of the day specifically on the subject of "lunal faeleen", a.k.a. vampire cat-girls. (Well, they're not just female, but still, I'm me. Which do you think I'm going to focus on?)

Status
Not open for further replies.