The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Gahh...I wrote a climactic scene two months ago. Because I write out of order, I didn't need to use the scene right away. Now I've gotten to the point in the story where I need that scene but I
can't...
find...
it...

Is there an emoji for this emotion I'm experiencing?

Yes take your pick

:Headbang::Hammer::e2bike2::e2cry::gaah

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
That's the other thing. We got on well enough, I don't know if I "like him" like him yet though. I never know those things until I've known the person for a while. My brain is weird. Anyway.

Good luck with your side of things too :)
Thanks! I hate mentioning this kind of stuff to people because things never seem to work out and I just feel silly.

And why are you weird for not knowing how you feel about someone until you know them for a while? That seems pretty standard to me. I've know this guy friend of mine since the end of May, but we've really only started hanging out within the last month. I mean, I always found him attractive and thought he was nice, but I didn't know much about him. Now that I do, and learned we have so much in common, my fondness has really grown.

So yeah, don't think you have to be head over heels with someone the first time you go out. And if your feelings don't change, they don't change. We can't help who we're attracted to. Tis nature. :D

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Well. I sent out the first two queries/submissions packets for the novella.

Found a ridiculous typo in the opening line of the synopsis AFTER I'd sent the first one. :Headbang:

I'm sure it will be okay, but I feel more stupid than usual because of it. And I'm out of chocolate.

Aggy, didn't think this submission strategy through properly

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I have the joint bone of what looks like a dino-pig cooking away on the stove, along with a mirepoix. Hopefully it's going to be veggie soup sometime this evening.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Word of advice. Never go back and read some of your first published works... I'm cringing.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Well. I sent out the first two queries/submissions packets for the novella.

Found a ridiculous typo in the opening line of the synopsis AFTER I'd sent the first one. :Headbang:

I'm sure it will be okay, but I feel more stupid than usual because of it. And I'm out of chocolate.

Aggy, didn't think this submission strategy through properly

Despite the typo, good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

However if you want more chocolate, you can come to my house.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
ION that story i was cringing about-- I'm working on a novella/novel outline that continues the story. Possibly going to rewrite the short as there's so many things that need adjusting but it's not horrible, just needs another good round of polish and edits. But I do think the continuation could be really cool. Possibly a series. :)

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Why I stuff *every* random out of sequence scene into a file saved as 'Title Notes' and keep it forever. Even more, I hate writing a great scene first and then not being able to use it.

Haha I do this all the time. You wouldn't believe how many one-shot short stories those scenes have turned into. If this ever turns into a published book, I'm toying with the idea of including two or three 2k-5k short stories in the back of it. Kind of like a prologue, but better.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Date was good guys. Like, met at 6pm, drinks, then dinner, then change of venue, then coffee, then more drinks, then part at train station at 1130 good.

Not entire sure what happens next, or when to broach the whole 24 year old virgin thing, but I figure I'll take it as it comes, and enjoy myself in the meantime.

But yes. Much fun was had. And while I intended to be on my best behaviour, I was quite blunt and I may have ranted a bit, and he seemed to find it charmingly amusing rather than being put off by it all, so yay?!

:D *hugs Cantina*

Excellent news. Things will work themselves out in time. "Deep" conversations happen at some point, but in all honesty, you are who you are. Experience, or lack there of, does not translate to you being datable or a hot mess. I know people that started early and folks who waited until well into their 30s. All that really matters is if you enjoy spending time with the person or not. A great relationship is one where sitting around reading together is as much fun (sometimes more so) than a huge, epic date. And a dude or lady worth their salt and worthy of your time is someone who doesn't care about your "list".

And don't sweat feelings too much either. That stuff clarifies over time as well. Sometimes it's puppy love, sometimes it's meh. But that's what makes it so much fun: figuring people out.

Consider my interests tickled. VERY interesting read.

Thanks!

I know! I quite startled the Mr by yelling 'Elizabeth!' at the screen the first time I saw this.

RIGHT?!

That saucy minx. Glad she got a big break!

And since we're on the subject of dating, I've been spending a lot of time recently with a guy friend from trivia. We went biking on Sunday and really had a nice time. We share so many of the same interests and views it's kinda scary. He also gives fabulous hugs. I'm really starting to like him a lot. I just hope I'm not taking things the wrong way.

Sounds like a winner.

If not, Ace and I will have a one-way conversation with him. Same with your beau, Sian.

Morning Cantina.

Almost done revising SSFFSS story, and so ready to be done.

workisdone_zps1d82a2ea.jpg

Morning, folks. Ever felt one idea of yours is a bit too cliché?

All of them.

Doesn't stop me from putting a bow on it and lobbing that sucker over the wall.

Also, random side-line - the reason this is so hard is that people are people, and you can't see in their brains. Unfortunately.

You can, it just takes a lot of time and paper towels.

Word of advice. Never go back and read some of your first published works... I'm cringing.

I actually enjoy reading my old stuff because it's a way to gauge how my writing skill is progressing. Just like looking at pictures from high school. That awkward skinny teen turned into a awkward skinny MAN, baby!

Virtual Friday for me, so....

giphy_zpsa8cb7adf.gif

Afternoon, gang.

Whut up?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
And you can count on me signing up for the next SSFFSS.

What is going on in the background here? Are there three other racoons? Is that a Jabba-the-Hut-Racoon?

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I actually enjoy reading my old stuff because it's a way to gauge how my writing skill is progressing. Just like looking at pictures from high school. That awkward skinny teen turned into a awkward skinny MAN, baby!

No this is cringe worthy. The editor for the anthology had no real experience and there's lots of minor errors. Plus I can see lots of inconsistencies in the story itself. Oh well. I can make it better. (need to see when the contract expired to see if it's available for reprints)

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*looks at Habba-the-Hutton pic* I see it's business as usual in the Cantina today. :)

Why is it that the State Fair has more options for entries in the knitting division than in the crochet division? You can make the same variety of things with both knitting and crochet, but there are 14 entry classes under the knitting division and only 11 under the crochet division, and 4 of the entry classes for crochet are related to various types of afghans. As someone who enjoys crocheting a wide variety of wearing apparel (for which there is only one class and you can only enter one item per class), this is not okay with me. :(

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Actually, this is Habba-the-Hutton.

2ql66ap.jpg

:ROFL:

I've started doing some mapping, just so I can get things sorted in my head. Also been looking at a lot of castle floor plans since in the novel I actually have no sense of orientation about the castle setting. So I want to fix that. My grade 8 technical drawing class is coming in handy ;) And I'm having loads of fun. I wish I knew how to make better maps, though. Mine look like chicken scratches for the most part.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Okay, my State Fair entry form has been submitted! Now to crochet like the wind and hope I can finish the one unfinished project before time to take them over there!

I've started doing some mapping, just so I can get things sorted in my head. Also been looking at a lot of castle floor plans since in the novel I actually have no sense of orientation about the castle setting. So I want to fix that. My grade 8 technical drawing class is coming in handy ;) And I'm having loads of fun. I wish I knew how to make better maps, though. Mine look like chicken scratches for the most part.

I keep meaning to do some mapping for one of my WIPs too. If nothing else, since my MC travels a fair amount during the story, it would help me get a better idea of where things are so I don't accidentally do something like say that this one city is on the west side of the island when I said it was on the east side of the island earlier in the story. I have actually come close to doing that before. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.