The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
DragonCon is fantastic. I went in 2015 and 16, and my costume was literally just a t-shirt with a horrible niche pun on it and a real daisho (as in, made in Toledo, Spain and actually sharp, but locked in their sheathes for obvious reasons).

I have gone every year since 2003. It's my annual geek pilgramage, and I meet all my friends there that have scattered around the country. My best friend since 8th grade, Kim, comes in from San Francisco. My Florida friends all come, and some from Texas, NC, Ohio... it's like a family reunion, but without the awkward fake social conversations. I usually make the con pay, since I sell my jewelry and prints in the art show. Last year I made a $2700 profit :D

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, so the usual? Cool cool. Well, I disappeared to somewhere between bachelor's data gathering, sister coming to game, and being on the edge of a breakdown. My anti-depressants stopped working, and to stop myself from doing any harm to myself I think about how much it would upset my grandmother, and that makes me really upset. Whoo, that sounds bad.

These things always sound different in our heads! :( I am sorry you're feeling poppy, * mega hefty hyper uber huggles on rel* and for the record, I would also be upset if you endangered yourself. You's be's mah bestie!! :D I want you to thrive in hoppiness and frolick in meadows of emotionally stable and sustainable sunshine. :Sun:

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Feeling sad and worried about my kitty. I'm really starting to wonder how much longer he's going to be around.:cry:

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Awww poor kitty :( Has he at least had a warm and fuzzy life?

I made an executive decision and am cutting off my author group! Well, from Misfortune of Vision, at least. It's almost ready for submission, and I'm barely a third through it at the group (we can share about 4000 words a week, so it takes a while). Instead, I'm shifting them to the prequel, Misfortune of Song. I'm just at 24K words written in that so far, so it's more 'first draft WIP relevant' than MoV was.

At least a couple characters will be familiar, though some in different ages. The main character of MoV, Orlagh, was 65 there. She's 17 in MoS. A couple Fae characters are the same age, though. Well, appear the same age at any rate. Those bloody Fae can look any age they want.

I'm off this weekend to a LARP event called Feast of Fools in Hagerstown, MD, and will get to see many of my friends from that area. Yay! I am bringing my laptop though. Must check in at work this weekend, and maybe write some more. I'm in The Zone as far as getting at least daily wordcount in, so I don't wish to interrupt that Zone.

We are about to engage... the Zone.
Please do not move while the Zone is engaging.
Moving will disrupt the calibration of... the Zone.
The Zone is now calibrating.
The Zone is still calibrating.
Do not look away from... the Zone.
Do not use the Zone on concrete.
If the Zone begins to smoke, get away immediately.
The Zone may stick to certain types of skin.
Ingredients of the Zone include an unknown glowing green substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.
Do not taunt the Zone.
(sorry, mixing up cult references there)

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
P.S. I HAVE BELGIAN CHOCOLATE. Because my co-worker was in Antwerp and stopped by this little chocolate shop I adored when I was there last and got me a big box. I'm carrying it with me at all times, including my travels, so my husband doesn't eat it while I'm gone.

Because he would.

And then I would have to kill him.

And that would be sad.

~Winks, who has been on too many planes in the past 48 hours and is airport hopping to the other side of the country tomorrow. BUT I GET TO HANG WITH KITKIT for a day :greenie

Shutting up now, I swear.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
P.S. I HAVE BELGIAN CHOCOLATE. Because my co-worker was in Antwerp and stopped by this little chocolate shop I adored when I was there last and got me a big box. I'm carrying it with me at all times, including my travels, so my husband doesn't eat it while I'm gone.

Because he would.

And then I would have to kill him.

And that would be sad.

~Winks, who has been on too many planes in the past 48 hours and is airport hopping to the other side of the country tomorrow. BUT I GET TO HANG WITH KITKIT for a day :greenie

Shutting up now, I swear.

But but but... Your rambles cheer me up...

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score

*Mega super booper hugs effbubbles!* if it make you feel better, my cinder shirt arrived yesterday and it's beeeeeyyyyoooottttttiiiifffuuuullll!!! :D also, you are a wonderful kitty owner and any cat should be so lucky as to enjoy your kindnesses! You rock, your cat rocks, enjoy their presence as much as you can without grieving yet. That will come later. As it should. For now, be happy so that kitty can as well. :)

Damn rain oh you damn rain. My fur is soaked.

Can we come in and sit a spell?

Did you say "spell"?? :eek: You've come to the right place, amigo, the cantina is now your home!! :D

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
:evil

Oh, that's not the last of my rambles. That's just the last one today. I'm sure I will have more soon because I get all rambly when I'm tired or traveling or both or...um...well when I have also kinda sorta maybe had coffee again, though I SWEAR it wasn't the unicorn drink.

And I'm not making that up.

~ Winks, who really doesn't want to have to go to the airport extra early tomorrow so she can make that darn work call once she gets past security with her Belgian chocolates.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com

*Mega super booper hugs effbubbles!* if it make you feel better, my cinder shirt arrived yesterday and it's beeeeeyyyyoooottttttiiiifffuuuullll!!! :D also, you are a wonderful kitty owner and any cat should be so lucky as to enjoy your kindnesses! You rock, your cat rocks, enjoy their presence as much as you can without grieving yet. That will come later. As it should. For now, be happy so that kitty can as well. :)

:e2grouphu

Damn rain oh you damn rain. My fur is soaked.

Can we come in and sit a spell?
:welcome:

:evil

Oh, that's not the last of my rambles. That's just the last one today. I'm sure I will have more soon because I get all rambly when I'm tired or traveling or both or...um...well when I have also kinda sorta maybe had coffee again, though I SWEAR it wasn't the unicorn drink.

And I'm not making that up.

~ Winks, who really doesn't want to have to go to the airport extra early tomorrow so she can make that darn work call once she gets past security with her Belgian chocolates.
:)

Safe travels, Winks.:Hug2:

I haz good, happy making news this morning. I reached my Camp Nano goal last night! It was actually rather sudden. I was still over 500 words out when I thought I'd stopped for the day and I thought I was going slow enough it would still take the next several days to get there. Then in the evening I had a moment of inspiration and started writing on my phone for a good hour. When I was done i had finished a whole new scene and thought, "well that felt pretty good, I wonder how many words that was?" Checked and it was 554 and my goal was reached. o_O Wasn't expecting to get there quite yet, but yay! Guess I underestimated my abilities and will have to set my goal higher than 5,500 next time around.

Once I get in the computer (on my phone now) I'll have to figure out how to verify my project, but even when I do, I'm going to manually keep track of how much more I write until the end of the month. Once I have the total I'll hold into it and when the next Camp comes I'll set my goal a little higher than that so I can challenge myself.

Last edited:

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Once I get in the computer (on my phone now) I'll have to figure out how to verify my project, but even when I do, I'm going to manually keep track of how much more I write until the end of the month. Once I have the total I'll hold into it and when the next Camp comes I'll set my goal a little higher than that so I can challenge myself.

It will let you continue to track your wordcount on the site even once you pass your goal. FWIW.

I usually just use a text generator (a search for Lorum Ipsum generator should pull one up) and tell it to generate the number of words my document has counted. Then, copy/paste into the verification thing.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Junely around lately?

It's her birthday today you know!

Happy Birthday Junely!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
You know, some days, all it takes is 30 minutes, a pen and a pad of paper for me to figure out an idea for a story. I might have something for the SNAFU: Judgement Day anthology yet.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Gaaah, I'm super pissed at instagram right now. :rant: They let someone open an account on my email without so much as a bleedin' confirm-this-email-is-yours-mail! I've been getting mails from instagram but since I don't have an account there I was binning them and reporting them as phishing scams. (Also grumpy with lifemail for not even been able to tell me this really was a legit instagram-email.) But as emails continued coming I noticed the username was consistant which is unusual for spam, so I went to the instagram website and tried to see if my email came up with a forgotten password and lo and behold, there is one. I managed to delete it but the more I think of it the angrier I get. What's the point of stealing someone's email for a tiny profile with one photo and some followers? And why didn't instagram have better privacy-checks? Grrrr!

Oh hey, that's not all that far from my swamp stomping ground.

Come to Belgium, we have chocolate! And waffles! Sometimes even combined! :D

Has anyone seen Junely around lately?

It's her birthday today you know!

Happy Birthday Junely!
Haven't seen her for a while.

Happy birthday, Junely! Hoping the medical issues are sorting themselves out. :Hug2: :partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.