zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
She polishes the last of the glasses, hung in neat little rows over the bar. Checks the bottles lined up behind her, hundreds of them in all shapes, sizes, and planet of origin. Makes sure the taps are fresh and ready to go, and that the blood warmer is set to body temperature (cuz those pesky Vamps hate cold blood).

She looks at the clocks on the wall, set to every time zone (plus a few of the most well-traveled planets and alternate realities). Almost time to open.

Plenty of places to sit. Plenty of food to share. She hopes that all writers of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Spec Fic (plus anyone else who happens to swing by from time to time) feels at home. Able to let their hair down, talk about their day, and just chill. Support each other.

A bell dings. Opening Time!

Welcome, welcome! Come on in! Make yourself at home! The "must pertain to the writing of SF/F" rule doesn't apply here. The Cantina a community space for folks to be folks. Chat about your WIP, that awful day at work or other woe that doesn't quite merit a trip to Conquering Challenges, or how much you want a light saber of your very own. We may occasionally merge OT threads here, but for the most part, it's a safe haven for Off Topic conversation as long as it remains a respectful and welcoming place for all folks of all ages.

*sets down a glass in front of you*

What'll it be?

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Time to reboot the Cantina again.

*sits at bar, drinks from whatever bottle glows the brightest*

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
*sets up fresh bottomless mugs for folks who see a new thread and decide to wander in* Hope we'll see some new faces in this incarnation. And that everyone else finds their way over.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I need something that tastes like heartache and hope. I just put an archival cover on the last newly-released Discworld novel I'll ever buy...The Shepherd's Crown. Even the dedication, which was as far as I dared open it today, made me sniffle.

<sob>

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I need something that tastes like heartache and hope. I just put an archival cover on the last newly-released Discworld novel I'll ever buy...The Shepherd's Crown. Even the dedication, which was as far as I dared open it today, made me sniffle.

<sob>

Oh god, don't make me think about it yet, man. I'm only halfway through the series read. I know it's out but... man I just don't want to think about it.

I also need to buy another copy of The Last Hero before I get to it. The copy we've got is missing like 30 pages. Misprint. It's got one set of pages printed twice, goes from like 50 to 80, back to 50 to 80, the to 110, with no 81-109 or something like that.

*fills a hot tub with wine for Gina*

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

Yeah. Rationing my remaining Pratchett, much as I still am Zelazny.

Still swamped. Can I be swamped with wine?

*swamps amergina with wine* Same here, but with a side order of abusive user to boot. Why don't I drink again?

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Oh, we have a new Cantina? For a second there, I thought I had gotten lost! Phew! *wipes panic sweat off forehead*

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone within the Cantina is lost in their own little way.

*eyes glow pink while all the windows glow red*

*slaps side of head, eyes turn to red too*

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
A new cantina opened up round these parts? *peers in* I see warm blood. Can you spike that with vodka? :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
TBH, my drink today has been lightly flavored seltzer water. I'm swamping wrong.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Step above "leftover lemonade + Pepsi that's gone flat overnight".

Would not recommend, to be quite honest.

*gets slushed. no, not "sloshed". "slushed". grape, or maybe blue raspberry. maybe they make alcoholic slush drinks? probably*

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
It's midnight. Why are the plot bunnies attacking me at midnight? Darn it all, plot bunnies, I need to go to sleep not stay up typing on the memo pad on my phone because my characters suddenly decided to give me good dialog! I just opened the memo pad and did the typing anyway, but for the record, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ASLEEP A HALF HOUR AGO! So, now that I have done your plot-bunny bidding, I am officially going to lay back down and go to sleep. No arguments. No more random but excellent dialog. Just sleep. So there.

*grabs a smibble to use as a pillow* *wanders back to bed while mumbling about plot bunnies and their lousy sense of timing*

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
So, now that I have done your plot-bunny bidding, I am officially going to lay back down and go to sleep. No arguments. No more random but excellent dialog. Just sleep.

Pssssht. I don't believe you. :)
*sends more plot bunnies to sleep under EFB's pillow.

Magnificent Bastard

maybe a demon
Registered
Reaction score
I can't seem to be able to post more than twice before the Cantina changes names/topics xD So this time I'm starting early! Woo~

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
<Strolls into new cantina leading Steve, who is rolling in the barrels of ale>

Hi guys!

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Gotta post on the first page.

I'm revising! I'm revising! Deleting whole scenes! Erasing characters from existence! It's great!

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, maybe someone can put in a redirect in the old cantina the next time a new one opens? I actually spent several minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't post in there. I was logged in and everything! Why didn't it wooooork?

All things considered, maybe I am just a tad addicted to cantina...

I'm still waiting for the release here, wondering if I should splurge for the hardcover this time because well, all good things end, don't they?

Kricket said:
*slides away from the frog*
I don't trust you with a net. Or anywhere within tongue distance, honestly.
:)
There are so many ways that comment can be taken wrong. But I'm probably not going to make it any better by saying I don't usually play with my food, honest. :e2zipped:

As for me, back into the dungeon!

Or rather, day four of the great basement clearout but that doesn't quite has the same ring to it.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
What the hell, guys? I turn my back for one minute, and you jerk the entire Cantina out from under me and promptly move it across the street! Is this your way of telling me you want me to go home and shower?

NORMAL SLEEP last night! First time this week! Hurrah! All that rest is making me feel froggy. I may have to do some writing!

Status
Not open for further replies.