The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
ION: is it normal when betaing say 10 pages, to wrack up a hundred-ish comments? I mean when betaing a story that's not like, trash or anything (won't say any names, tho) because I've been doing roughly that many comments on average per page for my beta people, and I'm wondering if it's gonna be overwhelming... I want to be helpful, not overwhelming, but I just, I see things that need attention and I'm like "Look, thing! Do stuff!" I mean, if a story doesn't need work (i.e. betaing) then I make fewer comments, but with beta stories I can't seem to shut up! Halp?
[/SIZE]
Excuse me for dropping in on a strange thread unannounced but DAMO! You're scaring me! I just stumbled across this post accidently but...how am I supposed to let you beta my crap now?? *sobs* You said you'd be gentle....Wait. I don't think you did. I think that was someone else. I think you said you could make a Van Gogh out of my Pollock. Still.

- - - Updated - - -

*leans in close to the camera, nose running*

I'm so scared.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Um...

*bangs on walls, looking for secret exit*

You don't actually want me here, right? I mean...I'm the one you actually want to let go, right?? RIGHT?

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Wait, wait. Did you say cantina? As in...a place that serves alcoholic beverages? *settles in for the long haul*

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
ION: is it normal when betaing say 10 pages, to wrack up a hundred-ish comments? I mean when betaing a story that's not like, trash or anything (won't say any names, tho) because I've been doing roughly that many comments on average per page for my beta people, and I'm wondering if it's gonna be overwhelming... I want to be helpful, not overwhelming, but I just, I see things that need attention and I'm like "Look, thing! Do stuff!" I mean, if a story doesn't need work (i.e. betaing) then I make fewer comments, but with beta stories I can't seem to shut up! Halp?
Dammy, you were my first Beta reader ever, and your 100-ish comments didn't overwhelm me. I meant it when I said they were helpful, because they were. :) I especially appreciated that you took the time to comment on the things you liked and the things that did work because that helped me just as much as your comments on the things that didn't work. It all made me feel like you really took your time to be as thorough and thoughtful as possible and I appreciate that. :)

Hello, I shall have whatever is sweet and mind bending. Put it on their tab ^

Trying to figure out what genre my novel is, or even if it fits (or needs to) fit into a genre. I am mostly writing for myself currently.
Welcome to the Cantina, Shadowmoo!:welcome:

I bought the entire series of Star Trek: Voyager yesterday.
Kewl! BBC America has been playing the series and my mom and I have been DVRing it and watching, though whether or not the episodes are in order is questionable at times. We've finally gotten up to the point where 7 of 9 is part of the crew. I likes her.

ION: I hardly got any editing done yesterday because I ended up being out of the house all day when I wasn't expecting to be. Good news is, beagle's vet appointment went quickly and he's fine. We took him in because he had a soft little lump near his armpit but the vet tested it and it's just one of those benign fatty tumor things and isn't a problem. WOOT!

Other good news (at least for this Tolkien geek) is that while we were at the grocery store, I found a special edition of Newsweek magazine that's celebrating 100 years of Middle Earth and has all kinds of fascinating info about Tolkien, his writing, and Middle Earth in general. They really outdid themselves with the beautiful layout and pictures and such. I love it! <3

Today I will try to make up for the editing that didn't get done yesterday.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Um...

*bangs on walls, looking for secret exit*

You don't actually want me here, right? I mean...I'm the one you actually want to let go, right?? RIGHT?

*wide dreamy smile while her eyes still glow pink*

You know how that song goes...

BIRD BIRD BIRD B-BIRD'S THE WORD WELL THE BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD IS THE WORD

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Wait, wait. Did you say cantina? As in...a place that serves alcoholic beverages? *settles in for the long haul*

Well, right now, it's a daiquiri shack, but at its heart and soul, it's the Cantina. There's a bar, coffeee, hot chocolate, and poutine hot tubs (although that third one is Lily's, safest to stay away...), free-range raptors and smibbles, Elizabeth the kraken, and a secret lab under the kraken's treepool. Birthdays here get interesting, and things are generally... well, silly.

*glances at Lily and her glowing eyes*

Generally.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Phhhh. Don't listen to her, Lil. I come and go all the time.

Just put your head down, line up your horns with the nearest ass and— Oh, wait... what happened to your horns??

It's like the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Phhhh. Don't listen to her, Lil. I come and go all the time.

Just put your head down, line up your horns with the nearest ass and— Oh, wait... what happened to your horns??
Someone stole them for their ivory. Plus, they had magical properties. Now all I have are hypnotizing eyes and a wiggly nose. Not sure they can help me escape.

...and smibbles...
Do I even want to know what smibbles are? Not my first time seeing this word around AW.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
But are there beds? With no kids around so I can actually sleep? Why would I want to leave again??

- - - Updated - - -

(thanks for the earworm, btw)

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Do I even want to know what smibbles are? Not my first time seeing this word around AW.

They're a crossbreed between a smeerp and a tribble. Fuzzy, cuddly, neverending, super-absorbent, and delicious roasted over an open fire. We're short on beds, but pull up a smibble pile in a corner and you'll drift right off to a gentle purring.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Um...no? No thank you.

There are doctors for that. Or veterinarians or whatever. Vegetarians? I can't remember....

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
*puts on face mask and heavy rubber gloves*

I can help with that, if you want....

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever seen those YouTube videos of people popping massive zits? I assume it'll be sort of the same...

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
*puts on face mask and heavy rubber gloves*

I can help with that, if you want....

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever seen those YouTube videos of people popping massive zits? I assume it'll be sort of the same...

:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure it's nothing like that! Just matted hair and... other stuff. Poor little smibble must be absolutely crusty by now. I'll owe it a nice dinner or a bottle of wine if it ever gets loose.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, SHIT!

Sorry. :gone:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure it's nothing like that! Just matted hair and... other stuff. Poor little smibble must be absolutely crusty by now. I'll owe it a nice dinner or a bottle of wine if it ever gets loose.
A bath. You owe him a bath.

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this used to be a clean establishment. We get one newcomer (*cough*red hair*cough) and the weird gross humor ensues.

:ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.