• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Arthur A. Levine Books

hannahwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to this website, so I apologize for any errors I may make.

Has anyone had any good experiences with Arthur A. Levine? Is it legit? Everything seems okay to me, and the website is easy to navigate and doesn't focus too much on authors.

SuperKate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidbooklist.com
They're actually the American publishers of the Harry Potter books. Definitely legit, focused on kid lit.

hannahwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much! That's just what I needed to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I couldn't find much information on them online other than their webpage and interviews relating to Harry Potter, so I had to ask.

MilesAway

Registered
Reaction score
Hello people,

New here, so apologies in advance. I was wondering if anybody in the community had any more recent experience of submitting to Arthur A Levine books?

I queried them back in early March 2016. Their open submissions guidlines say that they always get back (unless you ask them not to) and that they aim to respond within six months. I'm over the six-month mark now, so I was wondering if anyone has any idea how long they might take to reply. Has anyone submitted to them in the past year and had a response, rejection, request...anything?

newhope

Registered
Reaction score
The following is my personal experience submitting to Arthur Levine.
5 Aug 2016: picture book manuscript submitted via Submittable
7 Jul 2017: rejection
Quite honestly, it wasn't like anyone was "considering" my manuscript during this almost year-long waiting period. My manuscript was listed as "Received" (instead of In-Progress) in Submittable up until the last day 7 Jul 2017.

Last edited: