Extension for productivity for Chrome?

JetFueledCar

tiny hedgehog
Registered
Reaction score
I know there's some kind of app or extension that will let you limit the time you spend on certain sites (*cough*AW*cough*) so that you're forced to do more things you're supposed to (*cough*actuallywrite*cough*). I... have zero attention span and need this extension but can't find it in the Chrome store. I was sure they made it for Chrome. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Google chrome has an App called Stay Focusd (or something like that). I believe you choose which sites to limit access, time, or block. I found the info here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en

I have no idea if it costs anything. I understand many chrome apps are free, but I know some have a cost.

My problem is if I tried to use something like this, I would just open up Safari browser instead. :)

I do often have to give myself rewards for task completions, and it starts for me with a list of to dos.

I don't know if you are set on chrome's, or a full website block, but otherwise:
One idea using technology that has helped me-- When I sit down, I set reminders in calendar in my iPhone (maybe after 15 min, 30 min, depending), so as I am on the computer, if I happened to wander to Facebook or even AW for too long, I will hear the reminder beep and see it list what I should be at by now. Then it helps me feel accomplished if I am ahead. If I got distracted, then Oops- back to work, and that helps get me back on track.

But otherwise there are other productivity apps in addition to the one you mention and my link above. Best wishes in your writing!

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited: