Christie: Track Immigrants Like FedEx Packages

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Personally, I'd be okay if we lost any or all of the GOP clown car denizens in shipping ;)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
From the link:

Christie added that conversations about "anchor babies" make the Republican Party look unfairly hostile to immigrants.

"The entire conversation about 'anchor babies' is a distraction that makes us sound like we're anti-immigrant, and we're not," he said. "Our party is not that way. We want people to do it legally. Do it the right way."

So he doesn't hate immigrants, he just wants to make sure they're properly tagged before releasing them back into the wild. I guess scanning someone via microchip is easier than trying to visually profile people.:sarcasm

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, he also wants to force the states to comply with federal marijuana laws. His choo-choo has definitely jumped the tracks. In an amazing moment of irony, he attacked pot smokers as liberals with no self-control, just before his belt snapped and the buckle took out a cameraman in the second row.

He sounds more like a little Mussolini every day. Of course, so do most of the candidates.

Last edited:

Michael Wolfe

Jambo Bwana
Registered
Reaction score
^
Can't he just get Mexico to pay for it, like Trump would do?

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sorry, but that concept makes me laugh so hard, lol!

But, OMG, this just sounds so terrible and absolutely stupid. And I agree with previous posters that maybe it's the current GOP candidates/members that may need to be, er, "tracked" (or, uh, lost in shipping), instead. XD

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps permanent ear tags or tracking collars. Easier than tattoos and it will be obvious if someone cuts off their ear or head to remove the tag.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm given to understand that Christie will pay for this program by seizing unused gift cards and doubling bridge tolls...

We've moved well beyond gift cards...they are now taking any and all inactive accounts, including bank saving's accounts after a specified period of inactivity.

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
It's a nasty way of objectifying people. Immigrants aren't people, they're packages.

Human traffickers do the same thing. Those 71 dead in Austria? Those were packages too.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a nasty way of objectifying people. Immigrants aren't people, they're packages.

Human traffickers do the same thing. Those 71 dead in Austria? Those were packages too.

They're not even packages. Packages are an insurable commodity. They have value is lost or damaged.

Immigrants aren't given any value by some.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And here I thought Chris Christie was billed as one of the smart passengers of the 2016 clown car? :)

I must say, I credit Trump for the willingness of candidates like Chris Cristie to stop dog-whistling and just lay it out like they always wanted to. Nice to see. Truth in advertising, and all that. :tongue Thanks, The Donald, for sinking the GOP this time around.

BoF

Cautious Daredevil
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching a Texas Rangers game, so I'll use a baseball analogy. Christie is polling at 3.5% in Real Clear Politic's average. He feels he needs to swing for the fences. I think a paraphrase of the poem Mighty Casey tells how this will end. "All is dark in Mudville, for mighty Christie has struck out."

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Christie added, "We need to have a system that tracks you from the moment you come in and then when your time is up," he said. "However long your visa is, then we go get you and tap you on the shoulder and say, 'Excuse me, it's time to go.'"

Ah, I can see it now.

Aug. 31, 2015Electronic Deportation Information received
Sept. 1, 2015Processed at ICE origin sort facilityNEWARK, NJ
Sept. 2, 2015Depart ICE origin sort facilityNEWARK, NJ
Sept. 8, 2015Processed through ICE sort facilitySPOKANE, WA
Sept. 13, 2015Processed through ICE sort facility NASHUA, NH
Sept. 22, 2015Processed through ICE sort facilityDAVENPORT, IA
Oct. 3, 2015 Arrival at ICE deportation facilityYUMA, AZ
Oct. 5, 2015Processed through ICE deportation facilityYUMA, AZ
Oct. 6, 2015 Sorting completeYUMA, AZ
Oct. 7, 2015Out for DeportationYUMA, AZ
Oct. 7, 2015ForwardedGUADALAJARA, MEXICO
Oct. 23, 2015Undeportable as AddressedYUMA, AZ
Nov. 2, 2015Processed through ICE sort facilityOMAHA, NE

One way or another, we'll never see most of those guys again.