• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta swap for 85k steampunk fantasy MS close to querying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealingvowels

They're stealing our vowels!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking for a potential beta reader in a similar situation as I am with similar goals/needs so that we can make the most of each other's time.

I am in the late revision stage of an 85k steampunk fantasy novel that I am seeking to have polished and ready to query in the next month or so. I am looking for a beta with an interest in fantasy (to avoid my current problem of having too many well-meaning literary fiction friends whose response has been something like "I like this a lot but I can't offer you much because I hate fantasy fiction").

I am looking for someone who is open-minded and serious about the traditional publishing process, who can commit to reading through the entire manuscript in about two-four weeks. I am willing to do the same in exchange. I am primarily concerned with pacing, the strength of the characters, and what can be "tweaked" about the manuscript before querying agents. I am happy to critique for my beta according to the needs of their own ms.

If you are at a similar stage in your WIP and are a reliable reader with some free time in the next few weeks, please feel free to PM me! :)

Last edited:

stealingvowels

Registered
Reaction score
To clarify: had some inquiries about this being an MG work – this is definitely NOT an appropriate work for younger readers. I will beta MG, however.

VeryFairy

I'm not a fairy.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi stealing vowels. I might be able to help you out. I love fantasy but have not read a steampunk yet. I have an adult fantasy I would be I interested in swapping. Pm me and we can see if we're a good fit.

stealingvowels

Registered
Reaction score
I will officially not be taking any more beta swaps! Thank you to everyone who has agreed to beta with me. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.