Baby bit by venomous snake

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Probably best to stay away from snake-handling churches.

I disagree. Go with me on this a minute here...

Having grown up in a hunting family, I know that the common wisdom among responsible gun owners is that the best way to prevent gun accidents in children is to teach them gun safety and responsible gun handling from a young age. Why, if I or my cousins didn't know how to engage the safety on a 12-gauge shotgun by the time we were 2, our parents considered us miserable failures and went so far as to keep the guns locked away from our curious little hands.

So I think the same logic should apply to other deadly things...namely, snakes. What better way to teach your children snake safety than to join a snake-handling church so they can be taught the proper way to handle rattlesnakes? Plus, they'll get a little religion and avoid the other major childhood danger: Hellfire.

I think it's an ideal solution, personally.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I think you're onto something, Angie.

I shall give my infant a lighter and a can of gasoline.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
that's what I say. and I feel certain that any child of mine would be born with an instinct for gasoline and matches.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Chain saw--make sure he/she has chain saw playtime once toddler hood is achieved. --s6

I shall work up to that, beginning with razor blades during tummy time.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Caters, I lived in Columbus, near West Jefferson, or in Grove City for 20 of the last 25 years. You currently live in an area with very high quality emergency medical care. Between Grant and O$U hospitals, there's not much that they can't handle. So rest easy for now.

And if and when you end up with family in a snake-heavy area, they're going to know how to treat bites, and so will the EMS system.

And welcome to AW! It's awesome seeing teens working on a writing career!