Not open for further replies.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I just found out the due date for my book is 6 month later than I thought. hence my motivation to work on is has all but evaporated....

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
God, I totally relate. I've been revising my book proposal and without a sturdy must-have-by deadline, it's nigh on impossible. Maybe it's the journalist in me? Not sure...

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
In my expience, there is nothing like a deadline to clarify the mind. Without one my writing goes all sluggly (a combination of sluggish and ugly).

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Tish Davidson said:
In my expience, there is nothing like a deadline to clarify the mind. Without one my writing goes all sluggly (a combination of sluggish and ugly).
I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm going through a "we like your idea, but we're not sure when we're ready to have you run with it yet" type of situation. So, do I start -- do I wait -- do I nag the guy -- or do I just complain about it in here? LOL I'll just complain. ;)

Achilles

Continuing Confusion

I can completely understand what all of you are talking about. Right now I am "attempting" to write a book and then get it published... I find it brutally difficult to keep writing on a daily basis. I wonder if it's because, like all of you say, I can't focus without a set period of time in which it must be done. Should I force myself to write every day, even if it is garbage? Or should I take my time and await my spurts of brilliance?

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
jennhollowell said:
I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm going through a "we like your idea, but we're not sure when we're ready to have you run with it yet" type of situation. So, do I start -- do I wait -- do I nag the guy -- or do I just complain about it in here? LOL I'll just complain. ;)

Don't sit around waiting. Pitch the idea to some other markets.

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Tish Davidson said:
Don't sit around waiting. Pitch the idea to some other markets.
Thanks, Tish -- I didn't realized I could do that. I thought it would be some sort of conflict of interest or something like that.

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
jennhollowell said:
Thanks, Tish -- I didn't realized I could do that. I thought it would be some sort of conflict of interest or something like that.

Not in my view. They had the chance to see the query. They didn't take it. Even if they indicated they might possibly be interested in the story at some point in the indefinite future, you are under no obligation to hold the story for them, since they did not make a commitment.

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Tish Davidson said:
Not in my view. They had the chance to see the query. They didn't take it. Even if they indicated they might possibly be interested in the story at some point in the indefinite future, you are under no obligation to hold the story for them, since they did not make a commitment.
Thank you for setting my mind at ease with this. I have a list of targets here I've been wanting to contact, but haven't. I will now -- I appreciate your advice! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.