Isn't it cool when...?

vicky271

Registered
Reaction score
Picture this: You walk into the bookstore (or the library) looking for a book. All those you've read so far have been a disappointment. Everyone raves and raves about them, but when you picked it up and read it's contents, you found it displeasing (for whatever reason). You gaze through the bookshelves and come upon a book that seems exciting and worth a shot so you buy it (or rent it). When you get home you grab your favourite snack, cuddle up with your cat or dog on the sofa and begin reading. Unlike the last book, you're thankful to have invested some time into this one and feel satisfied when you finish it. On top of that, you have a sudden urge to read the next book in the series. For fun, you decide to look up the author online...and when you read the extended biography, your mouth falls open. The author is just like you!

No joke, I just experienced this. I finished Dragonspell by Donita K. Paul, and I wanted to read her biography on her website. I was shocked when I read it because I've never shared similarities with an author before! We're decades a part in age, but we still share a lot! I mean, it's inspiring me to pursue writing farther and farther and overcome my horrible grammatical and spelling skills!

Anyone else experienced something like this before?

p.s I'm going to go buy Dragonquest ;) It isn't at the library :(

Last edited: