• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

By Grace Publishing / Moonlit Romance

huliab

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any information on Grace publishing company???

huliab

Registered
Reaction score
I am going nuts!

You all know the story I am sure. The manuscript is finished and has gone out to many people, agents and publishers. Offer so far from PublisAmerica and NY Literary. I ditch PA idea and then come one here and read about NYL. I THINK I have written a decent bk, as I am sure many here feel the same way. This is nuts. I do not know who out there to trust. On Grace I had to search for Grace publishing and then pked the one about Christian romance and writing and it took me to their site. Tks for reply Lloyd.

the1dsquared

Dave Diamantes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deadpenpals.com
Are you confusing Grace publishing with Grace Abraham publishing? The latter does Christian romances I think. I think Grace Abraham is legit, although P&E doesn't list them.

huliab

Registered
Reaction score
Help with Grace Publishing

I really need to hear from someone who has any knowledge of Grace publishing. I posted their web site. Tks the1squared

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
This is just my opinion: It's 'ByGrace'. Searching just brings up a few announcements by accepted authors. Fictionwise ranks suggest low-ish sales but okay for a small e-publisher/POD Press. Not listed at places like predators & Editors. Nothing to suggest they are anything but what they seem--a publisher that is a few years old with a dozen books out. Nothing to suggest they get shelved in stores but online distribution seems respectable.

the1dsquared

Dave Diamantes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deadpenpals.com
huliab, veinglory is right on. Before you get yourself into something you might regret, do some more research on this site. Do you understand what POD really means? Do you understand the way commercial publishing works and how books get into bookstores? This site is full of posts by good folks who jumped into things without finding how deep the water was. Do yourself a favor and look before you leap.

huliab

Registered
Reaction score
I am tired

I am so tired of the rat race.... PA first and then this "publisher"? Also, NYLiteraryand man I read about them on here.....

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't see anything about this small press that is deceptive or underhand. If you want to be published by a company that is carried in large bookstore chains and selling many thousands of copies all you need to do is get their names from the spines of books in those same stores. There are many kinds of publisher but it is reasonable to expect writers to familairise themselves with how things work before they leap into anything.

huliab

Registered
Reaction score
I keep trying

I have done tons of research. Everytime I think ok maybe this will be it, well you know the story..bad reputation. I researched big publishers and have about 250 query letters out. I am a psychologist, who after writing and trying to publish a book, needs a therapist! I thought when I heard from NYL, ok this could be it, but with research on here, well I guess no.
I do want to get the bk into the big market. It is a story about all the tricks of the trade living as a paraplegic for 23 yrs and staying in shape mentally and physically. I really wrote it for my children, but there is so much self acquired knowledge written within. Tks for your help.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I'm a psychologist too as it happens, snap ;) [although this screen name is my less serious alter ego]

I suggest you try over at the non-fiction forums (or memoir?). They are good at suggesting strategies, publishers etc for books on specific topics... it can cut a lot of time to find some people reserahcing publishers in your topic.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to the Modly Ones for porting this from Networking. :Hail:

Last edited:

ByGracePublishing

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bygracepublishing.com
Weighing in on an old thread

Hi,
I'm the owner of By Grace Publishing. I ran across this thread from my traffic tracker, and wanted to reply to it.

Just as a little information, we are a romance e-publisher. We also partner with a print on demand company to offer our titles in print. We release only one title a month, because we would prefer to publish a few good books than a large quantity of poorly written romance.

As someone said, always look at guidelines before you submit a manuscript. Knowing a publisher's needs will save you a lot of stress and disappointment.

If you have any other questions about us, feel free to email.

Mary B

Do you mean "Grace Associates"?

Publisher's Place in Huntington, WV is owned by John Patrick Grace, and one of its sub-divisions is "Grace Associates." Google "John Patrick Grace" and "Publisher's Place to find out more.
This is the link to their web page.
http://www.publishersplace.org/home.htm

I have met and like Mr. Grace. Don't know a lot about his publishing business.

ByGracePublishing

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bygracepublishing.com
James D. Macdonald said:
"Grace" is a common name. That's why we like to see the URLs of the places under discussion.

My url was listed by the original poster. I would have never found this thread otherwise. I followed my site tracker here last night, and couldn't resist answering since the writer was asking about me.

Sheila

ByGrace

Registered
Reaction score
Romance a Day / By Grace Publishing / Moonlit Romance

I saw threads on AW about these e-publishers. Does anyone know anything more about them? I want to include them in a newsletter, but only after I know they are legit and not something like Publish America.

Romance a Day is accepting submissions for romance short stories on a non-exclusive bases so you can publish elsewhere. They pay .01 a word. http://www.romanceaday.com/invite.html
Thread at Absolute Write about Romance A Day. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36923

By Grace Publishing: Christian, tender romance, chick-lit, and chaste secular e-book publisher seeking submissions. Royalty paying 50% on net. Short stories and novellas up to 15,000 words. Check their submissions page for full information.
http://bygracepublishing.com/

Moonlit Romance: An e-book and print on demand publisher seeking submissions. Contemporary, romantic historical
http://moonlitromance.com/

AW thread for last two: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42076

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
So the username is a coincidence?

By Grace/Moonlit seem fine especially for the more inspirational end/less erotic end. There are a few other similar epubs out there, I can PM names if you want them.

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
By Grace/Moonlit are owned by the same person -- Sheila Holloway. And she posts on this board under her own name. :) They are both legit.