Kobo

MiloMinderbinder

Registered
Reaction score
So I am going the Amazon and then let Smashwords distribute everything else route.

My books showed up at Apple, B&N, Kobo, etc. And then vanished from Kobo a few days later. Couldn't find anything about this in the Smashwords forums. I looked over the Kobo content policy https://www.kobo.com/contentpolicy and pretty sure I am in compliance.

I tried to create an account at Kobo, so I could upload my books directly and wasn't able to complete the account creation, because they didn't like my bank/payment information.

Any ideas, or perhaps Kobo is such a small player I should just not worry about it and focus on writing.

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
Might be worth contacting SmashWords helpdesk about it - your book could have been caught in the remnants of the Great Moral Panic a couple of years ago when the tabloids discovered that Texas has a whorehouse in it, or at least that Kobo had bestiality and incest smut in the catalogue. Kobo promptly announced they'd pulled All The Smut, which by and large meant banning everything from SmashWords until SmashWords provided an annotated list of Books That Are Safe.

MiloMinderbinder

Registered
Reaction score
It's weird. The book returned a few days later to Kobo with a new url. They took the 2nd book also. But so far all my sales have been through amazon, so I think when book #3 comes out I am making the switch to Kindle Select.