• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Triplicity Publishing

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's no information about who's behind Triplicity, so there's no way of knowing if the company's principals have any publishing background. Their covers are pretty bad. Punctuation on their website is quirky. They publish just about everything in every genre, including poetry and novellas, so there's no specialization. They distribute via the usual channels available to self-publishers. A random look at one of their titles revealed one five-star review and one one-star review. The latter dinged the writer and publisher for the many typos. Another one I looked at was in desperate need of an editor.

I don't see what this company can do for an author that even mediocre self-publishing couldn't accomplish.

rlangham

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone found out anything new? I don't understand why the quality of their covers is so poor.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Triplicity is owned by Alea Marie Hamilton of Jacksonville, Florida, and the company was founded in 2012.

https://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Jacksonville/alea-hamilton/67501571.aspx

Her previous business was Grillin' Dogz, which I'm guessing was not a publisher.

https://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Jacksonville/grillin-dogz-llc/67497486.aspx

The co-owner of Grillin' Dogz was Melissa Strauss, whose editing of at least one Triplicity book inspired this Amazon review:

Now Ms Strauss may be a fine person but she does this author an extreme injustice by insulting her and the reader(s) with inept editing. The fact that all of Ms Morgen's books are listed at $9.99 is unconscionable considering the lack of editing either by the author or her editor and the shortness of some of her books. To give one example from Submerged, which is a naval submarine theme, the typical naval response to an order from a superior was responded to twice in this book as Eye, Eye, rather than the correct and well documented, Aye, Aye. Sentences with dropped words such as to, the, etc., unerased words when sentences were changed or corrected and words like no instead of know make for choppy reading.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1XLNV0XANBTI0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0082RJRYS#R1XLNV0XANBTI0

From the Triplicity website:

How will my book be edited? Your book will be edited based on the Chicago manual of Style. Our editors evaluate the books style, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, category and sub-genre requirements, and characterization.

I hope that wasn't written by one of Triplicity's editors.

How do you determine the cover art? The publisher will always ask for the author's ideas regarding the cover of the book. Three different covers will be designed based on these ideas. The designs will be sent to you to choose which one you prefer. The publisher will have the final decision.

I dread to think what the rejected covers looked like!

Our royalty rates depend on the publication type (digital or print) and are based on net price after returns.

Royalties based on net...not a good idea. And are Triplicity's books returnable?

You know what's coming next:

We do not offer any royalty advancements due to the fact that are royalty rates are among the highest in the industry.
http://www.tri-pub.com/faq

The website is painful to read. Manuscripts are reviewed "using an unbiased and uniformed method", which conjures up visions of Triplicity's employees clad in uniforms bearing the company's logo.

Another aspect that is valued by our company, is our belief and understanding in the hard work, dedication, and sometimes, blood, sweat and tears, that go into a story. We feel that authors are artists in the form of words on a page and every artist is gifted in his or her own way. This ideology is the reason why we generally offer higher royalties than the industry standard.
http://www.tri-pub.com/about-us

The term "Amazon bestseller" is thrown about with gay abandon, but without numbers to back it up this claim is fairly meaningless.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Well, someone on their staff had enough sense to suggest 'Triplicity Publishing' and not 'Duplicity Publishing', so that's in their favour. I suppose.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
The term "Amazon bestseller" is thrown about with gay abandon, but without numbers to back it up this claim is fairly meaningless.

You can be an Amazon bestseller for one hour in a sub-sub-sub-sub-sub genre, while each of the sub-genres yours branches from has its own, different bestseller. Unless you screencap the little banner by your title when it happens, there's not much of a way to prove it.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Checked this publisher out. One of their historical novels has a cover of Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey. Not sure how no one has gotten sued.

Checked the book out on Amazon: weak, filtered writing, the 4/5 paragraphs started with the MC's name.

Lots of red flags for anyone looking for an update on Triplicity.

(I am also confused by them being a "Lesbian Publisher", whether the authors need to be lesbians, or they only take f/f - it's not clear).