Where are all the ace AWers?

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
Lol. Yay, another slash fan! :D

I just noticed something weird: I'm a sort of maybe-Gray Ace-maybe-lesbian or Bi (or just Bi-romantic?), and I usually tend to prefer gay male slash--or just sweet het romances if there's no gay male slash--over femme-slash in my fictional entertainment for some weird reason...

(I think it's because of a lot of female characters, and sometimes lesbian relationships, are usually represented in ways that are not to my taste in a lot of my entertainment.)

I'm having a similar issue with reading a lot more m/m or het fiction, but it's mostly because I'm not finding a lot of f/f in genres or subgenres that I like. I like fantasy or paranormal elements in my romance, or romance elements in my fantasy or paranormal. I'd like to write my own but not having seen much f/f in fiction, I'm trying to do at least a little bit of research reading first. It's not working out as well as I'd hoped because I can only find "real world" f/f stories, but still. I'll at least have a little bit of background after I finish these reads. XD (personal interest, I'm aromantic bisexual, but I really really love to read romance even if I don't really care about being in a romantic relationship myself)

And sorry if my font is weird, the space wouldn't work in the reply window for some reason so I had to type elsewhere and copy/paste, and I'm afraid the formatting wouldn't go back to standard.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
I created a few female characters in Sims games who were single, unmarried women who had no interest in getting romantically and/or sexually involved with anyone, so I guess that is the closest to having asexual and aromantic characters in my "stories". :)

One of them ended up with several of her nephews because of an estranged, missing sister, so she is trying to adjust with six-seven school-age boys in the household, lol. :p

JetFueledCar

tiny hedgehog
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome ace people!

Since starting this thread, I've written a couple ace characters. One of those is the star of my current novel, a rewrite of one from two years ago. She is aro-ace with strong platonic affections for her male counterpart, which he is happy to return because while he may not end up being aro-ace, he's also never been in love. SUCK ON THAT, UBIQUITOUS KISSING BETWEEN MMCS AND FMCS IN YA URBAN FANTASY.

*cough*

I'm not bitter. I've just learned that if I want to read the tropes I want, I'm going to have to write them myself.

(Though really, if someone can rec me a good platonic relationship between a YA MMC and FMC, I'll read it happily.)