Seasoned sci-fi writer, new to this site and ready to get involved!

dvsprankster

Registered
Reaction score
I cannot believe I failed to ever find this place before! My name is David Vos, and I currently have the first book in a new series out called "Elementaro".

I am looking to help anyone with their writing, and I hope that other people will be willing to help me with mine! I have had some negative experiences on other message boards with people wanting reviews or editing or opinions from me and not being willing to provide them in return. I hope the same is not true here, but I have a good feeling!

Feel free to check out my works, and let me know if I can help you with something of your own!

Please say hi, I would love to meet you!

Last edited:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:, David. Sci-fi is one of my favorites to read, and both my girlfriend and I enjoy mysteries. My current work-in-progress is an amateur sleuth mystery.

:welcome: to Absolute Write. There's a niche waiting for you. :greenie

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, David.:welcome:

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Welcome David, and good luck with your writing. I read several genres, but have always loved SF, especially the early masters like Clarke, Van Vogt, Heinlein, etc. In fact, I have a HUGE collection of their work (g). I also read mystery, and action and adventure novels. I prefer well written works even in the classics. I'll have to look up your novel.

geonomist

Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy to trade reads with you, Prank, and with anyone else here. Mine's an 80k word sci-fi comedy (hopefully).
I cannot believe I failed to ever find this place before! My name is David Vos, and I currently have the first book in a new series out called "Elementaro".

I am looking to help anyone with their writing, and I hope that other people will be willing to help me with mine! I have had some negative experiences on other message boards with people wanting reviews or editing or opinions from me and not being willing to provide them in return. I hope the same is not true here, but I have a good feeling!

Feel free to check out my works, and let me know if I can help you with something of your own!

Errant Lobe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Great to have you with us!

I am looking forward to hearing about your publishing journey; the highs, lows, victories and travails!

geonomist

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:, David. Sci-fi is one of my favorites to read, and both my girlfriend and I enjoy mysteries. My current work-in-progress is an amateur sleuth mystery.

:welcome: to Absolute Write. There's a niche waiting for you. :greenie
Depends if here it's pronounced neesh or nitch.

Fullon_v4.0

Shard Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rtdriver90.tumblr.com
I usually go with neesh but then the person I'm talking to usually raises an eyebrow thinking "...What?". And then I say nitch.

Welcome aboard fellow SF writer!

geonomist

Registered
Reaction score

I'm a retired editor who can take it as well as dish it out. I hope to trade critiques of my 80k word sci-fi comedy, once the 50 post requisite is reached. I spend most of my adult life in SoCal, but rarely LA.