Prose Poetry

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
So, I'm looking at what came out of my pen just now and sort of shaking my head in mild bewhilderment. What I intended to be in free-verse just wasn't working as such even after a couple of lines, forcing me to scrap it and and rewrite as prose. Of course, now that I've got this poetic little paragraph in my hand... I'm wondering who else here writes prose poetry?

It was sort of freeing to write it. This little thing that looks like a paragraph but isn't quite a paragraph, and has a lyrical quality.

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I do. Sometimes it will evolve into a short story, or a poem, sometimes it'll grow into a more complete piece of prose poetry... sometimes it just stays as it starts. It's liberating to colour outside of the lines sometimes :)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't felt any desire to write prose poetry, but saying so is a foreshadowing that I'll change my mind someday. Never say never, I suppose.

I still am wary of poetry by accident. I'm sure that's not what we're talking about here, but I'm not there with prose poetry yet.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
I haven't felt any desire to write prose poetry, but saying so is a foreshadowing that I'll change my mind someday. Never say never, I suppose.

I still am wary of poetry by accident. I'm sure that's not what we're talking about here, but I'm not there with prose poetry yet.

Not by accident. I just gave up when it kept whispering the form was wrong in my mental ear. I was hearing wrong almost every word I wrote. Change the format to something reminiscent of prose and... bam!!! Now it all just comes together.