The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Farrar, Straus & Giroux / FSG Originals

figuring it all out

[Publisher] Farrar, Straus & Giroux / FSG Originals

Hello,

Has anyone had any personal experience with Farrar, Straus & Giroux?
    I am interested in sending my manuscript to them (thriller genre), and I have not been able to find another thread about them on this forum, so if anyone has any kind of experience with them that they can share here, that would be helpful.
    Thanks.

Ships full of vampires are hell. AW Moderator amergina's Avatar
    Farrar, Straus & Giroux is part of Macmillian Publishing, one of the "Big 5 corporate" publishers.

There's a thread on Macmillian here:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/show...sher-Macmillan

I do see that FS&G accept unsolicited manuscripts, per their webpage.
    WIP: Syncopation -- Rockstars! Kink! Reunited snarky enemies to lovers!
    Latest Release: Daily Grind
    Coming August 15, 2017: Close Quarter
    Coming October 2017: Outside the Lines

Website * Twitter * Tumblr

Please consider a paid subscription to AbsolueWrite to help with site's upkeep!

practical experience, FTW Winfred's Avatar
    Hi!

I just looked and for your convenience I cut and pasted their submissions guidelines:

Unsolicited submissions are accepted at Farrar, Straus and Giroux. All submissions must be submitted through the mail—we do not accept electronic submissions, or submissions delivered in person. Please include a cover letter describing your submission, along with the first 50 pages of the manuscript. If you are submitting poems, please include 3-4 poems. If you wish to hear back from us, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your submission. If you wish for us to return your manuscript, please include a self-addressed, appropriately sized and stamped envelope with your submission (we cannot return manuscripts if you do not send this envelope with your submission). We will reply in three to five months of the receipt of the submission.

I hope I helped some of you with that.

Top of the Day!
    Winfred

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: