THINGS I HATE ABOUT AUGUST...

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Whoa, am I late to the party. And yep, I can make a party out of hating August.

The heat.

The humidity.

The heat.

Can't open the windows and get fresh air. There is none.

The heat.

My mind feeling like mush.

The heat.

The sycamores shedding their bark and leaves all over the sidewalks.

The heat.

Air conditioning getting on my nerves.

I think I'll stop now and toddle of for some icy cold Rumpleminz schnapps.

rwomeldorf

Registered
Reaction score
The sun. We're not the best of pals, honestly. Almost as awful is the fact that in August, football is right around the corner but not quite here. So close, yet so far. GET HERE ALREADY, SEPTEMBER.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I only have August because its the last full month of summer and its passing signals the beginning of death.

It's the opposite here. Summer is so oppressive, that we look forward to the Fall and Winter. The only thing I hate about it is that, while summer gets so hot even the mosquitoes go dormant for a while, Fall brings them back out until the coldest part of Winter.

I hate school starting. I know lots of people probably love it, but being childless, it just messes up the commute, which is already an hour.

Underdawg47

Registered
Reaction score
I love August for the most part. I think if there is anything that I would dislike about the month, it would probably be the hints of fall. The sunrise coming later and later, many of my garden plants all bloomed out and the powdery mildew that appears on lupines, lilacs and snapdragons this time of year. As a kid August was an anxious time where there was back to school shopping and the end of a wonderful summer vacation. It was a time of letting go of the glory of summer and the preparation for the tasks of the long winter to come. There was more of a sadness of the end of summer rather than a hate of this time of year.