The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: River Ram Press

River Ram Press

I got a favorite during #Pit2pub from River Ram Press. I've been trying to find any info on here and other sites of this is a legit publisher, but have found none.

Their site: http://www.riverrampress.com/

Please let me know if you've had any experience with them. Thanks!

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossy9 View Post
    I got a favorite during #Pit2pub from River Ram Press. I've been trying to find any info on here and other sites of this is a legit publisher, but have found none.
    Doesn't look to me like one. Their submission page is about how they're dedicated to building a "delicate boutique" that will support and comfort and nurture manuscripts... but there's nothing about word counts, whether a synopsis is required, who the submission should be addressed to, etc. No indication of the staff's relevant experience. Basically, the usual well-intentioned but amateur setup.
    Ghost : Christmas Past. With beta!
    Spirit : Christmas Present. 13,038 words.

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Perera View Post
    Doesn't look to me like one. Their submission page is about how they're dedicated to building a "delicate boutique" that will support and comfort and nurture manuscripts... but there's nothing about word counts, whether a synopsis is required, who the submission should be addressed to, etc. No indication of the staff's relevant experience. Basically, the usual well-intentioned but amateur setup.
    Yeah. I had to reply to their DM to learn how to submit to them. I'd never encountered that before.

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    From the website (bolding mine):

"...a natural flare for storytelling..."
    'The Beginning is the Most Important Part of the Work' Palto
    We have started to take applications for those interested in volunteering their time to expand our company and exercise their personal publishing skills.
    Please note that at the moment, we do not have any paid positions available.
    No. Just no.
    Last edited by mrsmig; 07-29-2015 at 08:25 PM.
    KINGLET: Coming in August 2017 from Fiery Seas Publishing!
    FISKUR: Releasing November 2017 from Fiery Seas!

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.