Paranormal Investigation Books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camash

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm getting a glimmer of a new story that relates to paranormal investigation. Though I am novice in the field, I'm trying to find some quality books concerning common practices, terminology, scientific viewpoints on why it is or is not accepted, you get the idea.

Also, if any of you are familiar with it yourselves, I'd love to hear any experiences you have concerning it.

Thanks!

Camash

Registered
Reaction score
I think I miscategorized this. Please move or delete (?). Thanks!

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Llewellyn Books (a publisher) has some good books on paranormal investigations. Look under "ghosts & hauntings" on their website.

It's Gone Now

Registered
Reaction score
You can normally find out all the info you would need online. The need to read books has gone down significantly in recent years. If you are set on books I would search on amazon.com and look at some reviews for some, at least you can get some feedback from people who have read them.

There are plenty of Paranormal Investigator documentaries too, I enjoy watching Ghost Adventures, Zak Bagans is irritating at first but he really grows on you.

Last edited:

MissAimee

A wannabe writer who lives in a land of confusion
Registered
Reaction score
There is a movie called Ghost Encounters that is about a ghost hunter group that goes into a old building. It's kind of parody of Ghost Adventures.

TessB

The Boxing Baroness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tessbowery.com
For print sources, I remember reading and enjoying books by Loyd Auerbach, who was a named expert in the field of 'psychical research' back in the 1970s and 1980s. A couple of his lectures are up on YouTube as well, I think.

Aha! Here we go. This one was the one I read as a kid and thought was fascinating: ESP, Hauntings, and Poltergeists : A Parapsychologist's Handbook

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyd_Auerbach#Publications

marinapr9

Digital Artist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marinamitchell.deviantart.com
Hello, I'm getting a glimmer of a new story that relates to paranormal investigation. Though I am novice in the field, I'm trying to find some quality books concerning common practices, terminology, scientific viewpoints on why it is or is not accepted, you get the idea.

Also, if any of you are familiar with it yourselves, I'd love to hear any experiences you have concerning it.

Thanks!

What exactly do you want to know? All those paranormal investigations that you see on TV are vastly hyped up.

MatSmith

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some quality books concerning common practices, terminology, scientific viewpoints on why it is or is not accepted, you get the idea.
Thanks!

Not sure about quality but there are a few books like 'A Beginners Guide to Paranormal Investigation by Mark Rosney' about.

Status
Not open for further replies.