AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Marketing] The Authors Show / KDR Resources

practical experience, FTW Finchlark's Avatar

[Marketing] The Authors Show / KDR Resources

Hi, it seems I've been chosen to be interviewed on TheAuthorsShow.com does anyone know anything about them?
    Jane Finch

www.finchlark.webs.com

No-one tells me anything anymore because they know I'll write a story about it

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Adding link: The Authors Show on Wnb Network.

Interested in how you were "chosen." Did you fill out their questionnaire, or did they contact you?

The way this thing works is that they interview you (free!) and air your interview once (free!), but if you want to use the interview material on your own website or social media (where it would be most effective), that's where they hit you with a "small fee." That "small fee" starts at $99 and goes up incrementally to nearly $1k, depending on which package you pay for. And of course, you don't get to see what those packages entail until you fill out their questionnaire.

You can also pay to have your book in their "slider" of available interviews, and pay to enter their annual contest for inclusion in "Fifty Authors You Should Be Reading."

Do you see the recurring word "pay" here? Run away.

ETA: I find it interesting that they use the term "self published" in reference to those who have been published by the likes of Author House, iUniverse et al - vanity presses, where you pay for the privilege of being published. In other words, those who are accustomed to shelling out big bucks to buy "packages."
    Last edited by mrsmig; 07-12-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    KINGLET: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    FISKUR: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    STONEKING: Releasing February 20, 2018 from Fiery Seas Publishing

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

practical experience, FTW Finchlark's Avatar
    Thank you, I thought it was too good to be true! I'm walking...
    Jane Finch

www.finchlark.webs.com

No-one tells me anything anymore because they know I'll write a story about it