New Flash Fiction Market for M/T/S Writers

BJ Bourg

Flash Bang Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bjbourg.com
My new online e-zine called Flash Bang Mysteries is open to submissions until July 31. I plan to publish the first issue in October 2015. I'm accepting crime stories between 500 and 750 words and paying $10.00 per story. It's part of my Righting Crime Fiction website, where I also interrogate mystery authors and offer police procedural tips for writers. The guidelines and more can be found here:

www.FlashBangMysteries.com

If you have a story that fits, feel free to submit it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I've sold quite a few mystery stories, including to Ellery Queen, etc., but every last time I try to write flash M/T/S, it comes out like it was written by the worst hack on the block. Don't know why I have such trouble with it, but I do.

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
For those unfamiliar with B.J.'s work, he's a terrific writer and seasoned editor. His upcoming zine is getting great buzz over at The Short Mystery Fiction Society (the wonderful folks who sponsor the Derringer Awards). So check out B.J.'s site early and often.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

BJ Bourg

Flash Bang Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bjbourg.com
I've sold quite a few mystery stories, including to Ellery Queen, etc., but every last time I try to write flash M/T/S, it comes out like it was written by the worst hack on the block. Don't know why I have such trouble with it, but I do.

Have you ever written pieces for AHMM's Mysterious Photo Contest? I fell in love with writing flash when I started submitting to the contest. I never won, but got about half of my entries listed as honorable mentions. They were fun.

BJ Bourg

Flash Bang Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bjbourg.com
For those unfamiliar with B.J.'s work, he's a terrific writer and seasoned editor. His upcoming zine is getting great buzz over at The Short Mystery Fiction Society (the wonderful folks who sponsor the Derringer Awards). So check out B.J.'s site early and often.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

Many thanks, Peter!

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever written pieces for AHMM's Mysterious Photo Contest? I fell in love with writing flash when I started submitting to the contest. I never won, but got about half of my entries listed as honorable mentions. They were fun.

No, I haven't tried that. Might be a good way of honing my flash skills, though. I like a challenge, so maybe I'll spend some time working on this area. . .as soon as I get the deadlines out of the way.