YA writer joins the party

EileenCook

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.eileencook.com
Hello
I'm new to the forums. (waves to everyone tries to look casual and cool) I have written a number of YA novels with Simon and Schuster, the most recent was pubbed in February and just started a series with Harper Collins under a pen name (EE Cooper) with the first book having come out just this past May. I'm currently avoiding edits on the second by searching for cute kitten and dog pictures on the Internet. I've got some experience doing self-publishing with a couple of romantic comedies. I also do freelance editing and teaching.

In the non-writing world I worked as a counsellor for a number of years. I am a dual citizen living in Canada, but also with a US passport so I feel very Jason Bourne. I spend my time writing, reading, knitting and having full conversations with my dog.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

stardustx

Dreaming about fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. May I just say I'm impressed that you have already written several books and gotten them published. I also write YA and I can only hope to be published one day. I used to knit and I also have conversations with my cat. Nice to meet you. :) There are a lot of great resources and helpful, creative people on these forums.

Last edited:

shivadyne

brushing off the diamond dust
Registered
Reaction score
hi, eileencook! it's nice to meet you. i converse with my cats a lot, too.

Wye Pen

Banned
Reaction score
yyou are still newbie to us despite your credentials are scary

visit the newbie pub above for getting to know you stuff

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Eileen! I recognize your name :greenie Come on over to the YA forum and make friends

JBVam

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Congrats on all of your success!

I am a YA writer myself and have written five (well I'm almost finished with book five) of my eight book YA series. I will more than likley self publish and am hoping to have the first book out before the end of this year. It's exciting!!!

ExiledStar

Baby penguin of DOOM
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mkhajdin.com
Hi and welcome :) from another forum newbie.

How great that you've already been published!

I also love knitting, though I'm terrible at it, and I have conversations with both my cats. People give me strange looks when they see me meowing back at them.