what does multi quote mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone:

In the reply to thread there is option of quote and multi-quote. what happens if you click on multi-quote? i clicked but nothing happened.

thanks in advance.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When you multi-quote, you copy multiple posts from the thread and can reply to several people in a single post. You see it often in the Politics and Current Events threads, where people wish to address several points made by others.

From the FAQ: If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button
multiquote-back_40b.png
. This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

Maryn, FAQtual

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone:

In the reply to thread there is option of quote and multi-quote. what happens if you click on multi-quote? i clicked but nothing happened.

thanks in advance.

When you multi-quote, you copy multiple posts from the thread and can reply to several people in a single post. You see it often in the Politics and Current Events threads, where people wish to address several points made by others.

From the FAQ: If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button
multiquote-back_40b.png
. This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

Maryn, FAQtual

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perfect! Now that you see how to do it, I hope you'll pass it along to someone who doesn't.

Maryn, who knew you could do it

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I've been on this site close to ten years and I still am clueless about multiquotes along with a number of other things. When I quote more than one person on rare occasion I just copy and paste and copy and paste and ...

But now that there's this thread to show me how :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, Ken, let's see you practice by multiquoting in this thread.

By the way, for anyone playing along at home, when you multiquote or regular-quote a long post to respond only to a small bit of it, the courteous thing to do is delete all except the portion to which you are responding. Super-courteous is to indicate such deletion with terms like <snip>.

Maryn, who's low tech but learned some stuff through trial and error

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
With your encouragement, will give it a try:

<snip>
what happens if you click on multi-quote? i clicked but nothing happened.

<snip>

<snip>
multiquote-back_40b.png

Maryn, FAQtual [a real smarty!]

Hey. That was a cinch. Thnx !

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Thank you for asking this question, as I've never figured out how it works. I've always had to open a second window, use quote, and copy paste to quote more than one message at a time. Drives me bonkers.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to drive a Bonkers, but it rusted out after a few winters here.

Can I coerce you into trying multiquote in here, where it's safe and snug?

Maryn, encouraging

Status
Not open for further replies.