Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegetarian Cannibal

I eat clowns.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thevegetariancannibal.blogspot.com
I'm looking for (Q)POC writers/artists/creatives to chat and network with. Let's organize, fam. Where are your blogs, tumblrs, twitters, facebooks, whatevs? What projects are you working on? Let me know and let's uplift them. Signal boosts for everybody. Y'all know how alienating the writing process can be, but it's especially lonely for (Q)POC. I often feel I'm shouting into a void while simultaneously muffling myself around white colleagues. Talking to other POCs in the art community on a daily basis has saved me from burnout and or rage quitting. I need you guys. Seriously. I need to see and hear our voices 24/7. Representation is so important.

So...let's connect. What's good? Let's mingle. Hopefully this thread doesn't die on the vine. ::cheesy grin::

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog, but it's rarely updated, and I'm perpetually unpublished. I'm not much of a social media kind of person.

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
Hiya! My links are in my sig. :) I mostly hang out on Twitter these days (and AW, of course). What do you write, VC?

Vegetarian Cannibal

I eat clowns.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thevegetariancannibal.blogspot.com
Kuwisdelu, That's okay if you're not into social media. I just wanted a place for the POCs on AW to hang out, talk about our projects, connect...that sort of thing. What genres do you write? I'm just as "perpetually unpublished," as you, ha, as my Amazon sales rank reminds me every day. ::sob::

slhuang, HELLO!!!! I write speculative fiction, cross-genre, supernatural pulptastic crap-o-la. My first novel is a nun and tentacle erotic-horror. I'm ashamed to admit. Wrote the damn thing in 3 weeks on request from an editor at a small-press. Never expected it to get published.

How about everyone else? What genres do you write? If you write horror/sci-fi/fantasy I can review your books on my review blog (link below).

And what about writing POC characters/issues into your books? I've found it near impossible to find a agent/publisher for those. You guys face similar luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.