Heroku | No such app

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I keep getting the above ‘page’ every time I try to click something in eBay (UK). The full page says: There is no app configured at that hostname. Perhaps the app owner has renamed it, or you mistyped the URL

I can load eBay. I can even click on the links on the front page, but anything else…nada.

Anyone else come across this?

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Smells like some kind of DNS cockup. You aren't the only one, but sensible answers are conspicuously absent. So I am left with my fertile imagination.... A few simple things you could do -- the usual clear browser cache and nuke all cookies, for a start. Then delete your ebay bookmark/favorite/whatever, and get a new one by going to the site with a search, and don't click anything there until you've done it. Seriously, I have peeked under the hood and seen the innards of some terrible bookmarks, and have had to change some when something at the site changed. Best I can offer at the moment. Cuppa tea? :)

You might try getting into eBay another way using DuckDuckGo --- type !ebayuk (item you're looking for). "!Bang" searches get right to the heart of things.

Last edited:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Matera. I've cleared the browser history and cookies, and also renewed the bookmark. Still nothing. :-(

It has to be a Chrome problem as I can view okay in Mozilla and in Safari.

Anything else I can try?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Matera. I've cleared the browser history and cookies, and also renewed the bookmark. Still nothing. :-(

It has to be a Chrome problem as I can view okay in Mozilla and in Safari.

Anything else I can try?

Make a new account in Chrome and see if it still happens.

ETA: I can make this happen, which suggests to me that the problem is not local and that it is related to Ebay.uk's own DNS/Routers.

Last edited:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Make a new account in Chrome and see if it still happens.

That worked a treat - once I figured out how to do it.:greenie

ETA: I can make this happen, which suggests to me that the problem is not local and that it is related to Ebay.uk's own DNS/Routers.

Er...that went waaaaay over my head. Sounds like it wasn't my laptops fault, yes? Which is a relief. I get twitchy when anything happens to my laptop.

Thanks a million for your help. :Hug2:

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
LOL I knew I should have tried a few more browsers, but I loathe Chrumb and don't even have it on this comper yet (changed my OS recently). I thought if was most likely not a local problem, but it never hurts to try the possible. :)

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind Chrome. I used to use Mozilla, but other than that haven't tried any other browsers. Guess I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud.