• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

PDFPuPil

madjack

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to put this - I just came across this twitter account that is offering PDF downloads of authors books! It looks like a brand new account but my book is on there and I see some bestselling ones on there too - this is crazy. Does anyone know if twitter will pull this account if we report it? Or maybe they'll only pull it if a bunch of people complain?

https://twitter.com/pdfpupil

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, book piracy is not uncommon, and I'm sorry it happened to you. I don't think that simply reporting the twitter account will help. The website hosting the free pdfs of your book will still exist. I'm not sure how to fight that, but I imagine someone else will.

madjack

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, mayqueen.

And yep, I know it's out there and it's difficult if not impossible to stop - there were a dozen torrent sites with my book on it within a week of release. What seems so blatant is the fact that this person is trying to promote the piracy using social media - that I have not seen before (not that it hasn't been done, I just haven't seen it). It does seem like Twitter should remove that account if it's reported since piracy is illegal. :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would still report it to Twitter, even if all they can do it suspend the account promoting the pirate site.

There are threads here about piracy and DMCA take-down notices you send to the host site. I'm about to go out or I'd find 'em for you, but that's what you need to locate, because what you can do is explained there.

Maryn, sorry this happened to you