• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

By Your Side Self-Publishing

ScribeLady

Registered
Reaction score
I have been in touch with a self-publishing service titled "By Your Side Self Publishing". They provide every conceivable service, from editing, proofreading,uploading, distribution, etc., on a service-by-service basis so you can just "buy" what you need.

Is anyone here familiar with By Your Side Self-Publishing? Any experience with it?

Thanks for any feedback.

SCRIBELADY

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a vanity press. If that's what it is, it'll suit some but most of us will be able to do things better if we source the services for ourselves.

I'll port this to BR&BC where it'll fit better.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really wish their two principals would be more specific about their experience. "26 years editing experience" doesn't tell me anything about what KIND of editing or for whom, and "20 years experience with technology" is so vague as to be meaningless.

Fantasy_freak

Registered
Reaction score
They are charing for an awful lot of services you can do yourself. For example, $50 to add books to your Goodreads account, but you can post in the Librarians group and they do it for free.
$20 to refer you to a cover artist. Or you could spend some time browsing (for free!) books you like and seeing who did the covers.
Personally it's ringing a lot of alarm bells and seems pitched to take advantage of naive writers who don't know most of the things they are charing for are either free or easy to do yourself.