AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: By Your Side Self-Publishing

practical experience, FTW ScribeLady's Avatar

By Your Side Self-Publishing

I have been in touch with a self-publishing service titled "By Your Side Self Publishing". They provide every conceivable service, from editing, proofreading,uploading, distribution, etc., on a service-by-service basis so you can just "buy" what you need.

Is anyone here familiar with By Your Side Self-Publishing? Any experience with it?

Thanks for any feedback.

SCRIBELADY

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    Sounds to me like a vanity press. If that's what it is, it'll suit some but most of us will be able to do things better if we source the services for ourselves.

I'll port this to BR&BC where it'll fit better.

Is this the URL?
    http://www.byyoursideselfpub.com/

ETA: Their social media set up fees are a little pricey, IMO.
    Last edited by JulieB; 07-03-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Really wish their two principals would be more specific about their experience. "26 years editing experience" doesn't tell me anything about what KIND of editing or for whom, and "20 years experience with technology" is so vague as to be meaningless.
    KINGLET: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    FISKUR: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    STONEKING: Releasing February 20, 2018 from Fiery Seas Publishing

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Fantasy_freak's Avatar
    They are charing for an awful lot of services you can do yourself. For example, $50 to add books to your Goodreads account, but you can post in the Librarians group and they do it for free.
    $20 to refer you to a cover artist. Or you could spend some time browsing (for free!) books you like and seeing who did the covers.
    Personally it's ringing a lot of alarm bells and seems pitched to take advantage of naive writers who don't know most of the things they are charing for are either free or easy to do yourself.