AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NineStar Press

figuring it all out
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraC View Post
    I had an offer from Wild Rose for the book I signed with NineStar. After reading the full threads for both, I decided NineStar was the better option.
    Interesting. Thanks for this reply.

Adri Nyme
    I was chatting with a friend who is published through Ninestar and one thing they found odd was that Ninestar publishes through Smashwords and Draft2Digital to get out to most retailers (minus Amazon, and I think they said Kobo was a recent swap to direct as well). It seems odd to me, too. Isn't it better to go direct to retailers, to get more money? Or are royalty amounts close enough if you do it that way?

(I did check on it a little, and B&N lists Smashwords or Draft2Digital as the sold by field for their books, so at least for Nook it seems true.)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    From what I know, NineStar Press is looking to move away (or looking into moving away) from distributors for the bigger stores

Adri Nyme
    I think going Kobo direct was a recent thing, so I agree that they're moving away from it. I self-pub, though I do keep an eye on the LGBTQ publishers because that's what I write. I was baffled because they are a publisher and not a self-pubber, so why wouldn't they initially start with direct sales through the major distributors? But I did do the math, and it does work out to a $0.05 to $0.30 difference for Smashwords per title per sale ($0.05 for $2.99 books, $0.30 for $6.99 books), so I guess it's not much of a loss to start out with. Especially if you're focusing on editing and controlling other aspects, not having to put up books in several places might be worth the loss of royalty.

NineStar is moving away from Smashwords, from what I hear.

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345