Referencing previous blog posts

tammay

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Another question here about blog etiquette :). It seems like now that my blog is taking off, I'm referencing a lot of my previous blog posts. This is mainly because I focus on certain topics so I reference the blog posts. For example, I wrote right now a draft blog post about the petticoat and referenced 2 previous blog posts I made that talk about women and fashion in the 19th century that relate to the information in my post.

I've actually been referencing my first blog post quite a bit, as it sort of forms the basis for a lot of my discussions (because it's about gender relations during the 19th century).

Is this overkill or is this OK to do? I don't want people to think that I'm referencing the blog posts just to get people to read my blog, as that's not the reason at all. I do it because the information really relates to my current blog post.

Tam

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine with it. I just finished a series on story structure, and I made sure I included links for prior posts in the series so people could go back and check easily.

One gal has a site with great info on it, but when you're going through a series of blogs, you have to use her search engine, and that's kind of a pain.

So as long as you're doing it for your reader's convenience and not to 'sell' them, I look at it as a convenience.

tammay

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Cathleen. I definitely am trying to be as convenient as possible by including the hyperlink right on the words of the topic of the blog post so people can just click on it if they want to see it in front of them. I'm all for convenience when it comes to people good enough to read my blog or anything else I write :).

Tam