My first published short story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiko_neko

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, first published anything! :)

Anyway, my short story called Labirint (Labyrinth) is published in a new magazine called Microtopia. It's a local magazine from a city near me, but I'm still so excited! The only thing that's bothering me is their proofreading. They didn't separate two paragraphs (every second paragraph was talking about the past), so in those parts is a bit confusing and she changed one sentence. Not much, but enough that she changed the meaning and it makes no sense. She probably didn't read the story careful enough. Please tell me these things happen to you too? But I'm happy anyway! They made an amazing job, especially with the design of the magazine.

11012857_10206275350156017_4151150650602572574_n.jpg

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! The aesthetic is lovely. :) Yes, I've had a publisher futz some of my prose, but hey, what can you do? Keep writing and submitting, that's what. Here's to many more!:Trophy:

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Wishing you many more! But the first publication is especially exciting!

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
Awesome! Sorry about the sentence change and paragraphs not being seperated, but congrats on the nice design. :)

Marianne Kirby

Blue Hair, Don't Care
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xojane.com
Congratulations!

Let them know (politely) and they'll possibly mention it as errata in the next issue and/or fix it on the website if they're digital as well.

saiko_neko

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all, you are very kind!
I did let them know and they have apologized. But they said that I should point out next time that these certain things are important. But when I have sent them the Word document, I separated paragraphs, plus every second paragraph had a different writing. So I thought that was clear enough :/ But next time I will try to be even more specific I guess. I'm grateful to them anyway. :)

Paragraphic

Word eater.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! It looks great! I'm sorry about the editor mishap but I'm still really happy for you. Published! Woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.