RIP James Horner

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
That's Horner, just btw.

He composed and wrote a ton of stuff besides that insufferable song. :)

Really sad.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I'm confused, the article says very clearly - twice - that there was only one person:

but the identity of the one person who died has not been released.
The pilot was killed. No one else was on board.

Horner hasn't made contact, but how does that justify the conclusion that the man is dead, when it says the pilot was the only one on board and ONE person "who died"? I'll wait this one out, because that article right there, in no way indicates that James Horner is dead.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like they've confirmed it. He was piloting his own plane when it went down.

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score
I really liked his stuff. :(

He did Avatar, too. Soundtrack was substantially better than the movie. And The Land Before Time, which has beautiful music. Gah.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm confused, the article says very clearly - twice - that there was only one person:

Horner hasn't made contact, but how does that justify the conclusion that the man is dead, when it says the pilot was the only one on board and ONE person "who died"? I'll wait this one out, because that article right there, in no way indicates that James Horner is dead.

I mean if someone owns a plane, it crashes with just the pilot on board, and the person doesn't, for hours upon hours, ever contact any of his or her friends or family to say something like: 'omg, someone stole my plane and crashed it!' or 'I loaned my plane to this woman and it crashed!' then I think it's a pretty safe bet that the original person was the one involved in the crash.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
RIP. His music brought so much depth to so many movies