Introductory First Post

Camash

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Camash from Northern Kentucky. I'm looking for feedback and to give feedback of decent quality. I studied English & Creative writing at my university, with a focus on Chinese. I am a proud father of 3 and married to a wonderful woman. I enjoy alternative rock, and 90's jams.
Happy to be here, look forward to speaking further with you all.

JasonS

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Camash,

Welcome, etc. All the good stuff that comes with being among a house of writers.

What do you write? What genre? Where are you along your writers journey?

Do you write creative Chinese? How does that work with a tonal language - and what about Chinese rock? (he says with tongue in cheek) I lived in Vietnam for seven years. Dealing with tonal language is a hoot!

Camash

Registered
Reaction score
Well, typically anymore I've been writing horror stories and stories about the supernatural. My first novel that I completed is a coming of age story based around humor and young love. I enjoy short stories the most, I feel I can contain them best, whereas my novels just require all of my focus.

As far as writing stories in Chinese, I'm too out of practice currently to do so, but worked on translating to and from chinese/english. I've not listened to a lot of chinese rock, but I find it to be catchy enough to hold my interest

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, creative Camash in Kentucky from Chase in Oregon.

We enjoy a high Asian population here in the Pacific northwest, and lots of small language classes are offered.

Although it has nothing to do with spoken languages going on in neighboring classrooms, I teach completely non-tonal American Sign Language. :greenie

ASeiple

Livin' la vida biblia
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, Camash! Welcome to an awesome little forum. I'll remember your name if I need to have a character say something cool in Chinese... :D

udayan

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome mate :) wish you luck with your writing dreams