• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] EyeScream Media

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
They posted an ad on job site Indeed looking for manuscripts. I can't find a website for them; maybe one of you can help me out. (No, I'm not thinking of submitting).

I recommend reading this ad to believe it, but they say they are looking for "10 independent authors to start," and that they accept "short stories, poems, screen plays, musical lyrics" or "one finalized book/novel."

They say they will publish through "Amazon and Kindle at no cost to you" but that they are "not a promoting company. If you are chosen for publication it is up to you to push your work to your audience."

If someone is able to point out just what could possibly be the advantage of submitting to a company like this, be my guest, because I sure can't.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
You know, these type of publishers have figured out that if they get enough of these types of authors, they will eventually make money on volume and not content...

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
There would have to be a lot, considering they state straight out that they do no promotion to speak of. Still, I would hope there aren't nearly that many writers able to be convinced that submitting to this publisher offers them any advantage over self-publishing.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
However, the person with the largest following at the end of every month will be invited to several events to read their work to large audiences in the Chicago land area.

Gosh, how can I resist. :hooray:

And it's Chicagoland. One word. Having grown up in the outskirts of Chicagoland, I know these things.

I tried looking them up and there are so many variations on the "Eyescream/Eye Scream" theme, it's hard to tell who they're talking about.

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
...I would hope there aren't nearly that many writers able to be convinced that submitting to this publisher offers them any advantage over self-publishing.

Hoping does not equal reality.

There are tens of dozens of these companies thriving on writers who want to be published so bad they will sign on with anyone who promises editing, cover design, and all the things they feel they can not do because they do not have the skill, knowledge, or money they think it takes...

I would love to see the contract terms with this publisher. Anyone want to bet rights are for life?

tiakall

*lurk*
Registered
Reaction score
they say they are looking for "10 independent authors to start," and that they accept "short stories, poems, screen plays, musical lyrics" or "one finalized book/novel."

:Huh:

One of these things is not like the other. Color me a newbie, but do lyrics even go through the same channels as nonlyrical prose?

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
:Huh:

One of these things is not like the other. Color me a newbie, but do lyrics even go through the same channels as nonlyrical prose?

I'm hardly an expert on this, but there are companies that specifically handle music publishing: IF the lyrics are attached to an actual song. I would think there would be the exact same amount of profit to be had in lyrics with no music attached as there is in poetry: i.e., none.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
M'kay ... looks like the full name is EyeScream Media (USA), Inc. Their FB page. At one time had a website at eyescreammedia.net, but no longer.

They celebrated their new authors back in August (event announcement), and the first books are out (example).

ETA: Website up and running again: http://www.eyescreammedia.net/

Last edited: