AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] EyeScream Media

[Publisher] EyeScream Media

They posted an ad on job site Indeed looking for manuscripts. I can't find a website for them; maybe one of you can help me out. (No, I'm not thinking of submitting).

I recommend reading this ad to believe it, but they say they are looking for "10 independent authors to start," and that they accept "short stories, poems, screen plays, musical lyrics" or "one finalized book/novel."

They say they will publish through "Amazon and Kindle at no cost to you" but that they are "not a promoting company. If you are chosen for publication it is up to you to push your work to your audience."

If someone is able to point out just what could possibly be the advantage of submitting to a company like this, be my guest, because I sure can't.

The Blue Line, short story published in Oakwood 2017
    Read it free!

Princess of Pirates: How I Ran Away to Sea: A Memoir,
    represented by Olswanger Literary

Twitter

Instagram

A Gentleman of a refined age... thothguard51's Avatar
    You know, these type of publishers have figured out that if they get enough of these types of authors, they will eventually make money on volume and not content...
    Knowledge is learned while wisdom is earned.

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
    Book 1, A Game of Pawns
    Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
    Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
    Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
    Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony

There would have to be a lot, considering they state straight out that they do no promotion to speak of. Still, I would hope there aren't nearly that many writers able to be convinced that submitting to this publisher offers them any advantage over self-publishing.

Read it free!

Twitter

Instagram

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    The make some big brand claims but have near-zero online presence. Color me skeptical.
    Emily Veinglory

The King and Queen of Cheese BenPanced's Avatar
    However, the person with the largest following at the end of every month will be invited to several events to read their work to large audiences in the Chicago land area.
    Gosh, how can I resist.

And it's Chicagoland. One word. Having grown up in the outskirts of Chicagoland, I know these things.

I tried looking them up and there are so many variations on the "Eyescream/Eye Scream" theme, it's hard to tell who they're talking about.
    Last edited by BenPanced; 06-18-2015 at 07:43 AM.
    I still poop rainbows.

I won't steal any of your ideas. I have enough of my own I'm not using.

A Gentleman of a refined age... thothguard51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clairels View Post
    ...I would hope there aren't nearly that many writers able to be convinced that submitting to this publisher offers them any advantage over self-publishing.
    Hoping does not equal reality.

There are tens of dozens of these companies thriving on writers who want to be published so bad they will sign on with anyone who promises editing, cover design, and all the things they feel they can not do because they do not have the skill, knowledge, or money they think it takes...

I would love to see the contract terms with this publisher. Anyone want to bet rights are for life?
    Knowledge is learned while wisdom is earned.

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
    Book 1, A Game of Pawns
    Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
    Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
    Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
    Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony

*lurk*
    Quote Originally Posted by Clairels View Post
    they say they are looking for "10 independent authors to start," and that they accept "short stories, poems, screen plays, musical lyrics" or "one finalized book/novel."

One of these things is not like the other. Color me a newbie, but do lyrics even go through the same channels as nonlyrical prose?
    Twitter: @tiakall

Quote Originally Posted by tiakall View Post

One of these things is not like the other. Color me a newbie, but do lyrics even go through the same channels as nonlyrical prose?
    I'm hardly an expert on this, but there are companies that specifically handle music publishing: IF the lyrics are attached to an actual song. I would think there would be the exact same amount of profit to be had in lyrics with no music attached as there is in poetry: i.e., none.
    Last edited by Clairels; 06-19-2015 at 03:40 AM. Reason: messed up my Latin :)

Read it free!

Twitter

Instagram

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    M'kay ... looks like the full name is EyeScream Media (USA), Inc. Their FB page. At one time had a website at eyescreammedia.net, but no longer.

They celebrated their new authors back in August (event announcement), and the first books are out (example).
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: