• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

STA Literary Agency

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to add one more thing:

No one wants to see a new publisher or agency fail. The more venues out there, the more opportunity for all of us to make money. Anyone new to this forum: go look at the index. See all those gray listings? Those are dead markets. Sometimes people retire, sometimes they merge with another agency or publisher. But we have also seen some people start out with the very best intentions and later find themselves unable to carry on for one reason or another. Sometimes authors lose the rights to their work. Often they're owed money they will never recover. THIS is why we ask tough questions. Again, when more agents and publishers succeed, the better it is for all of us.

I don't think anyone in this thread wishes this agency any ill will at all. I hope they come here and talk. We don't bite. And we might all learn some good things from each other.

Dhewco

Registered
Reaction score
You guys do bite, but hopefully it's the fun kind.

DevelopmentExec

Registered
Reaction score
Christian Schraga contacted me as well. Strange that he took the time to find our contact info and reply to us individually - especially since he didn't even bother addressing the specifics of my original post - that I googled all the agents and none appeared to have agency experience.

But he wanted me to know that he's a boy with a dream - just like all the aspiring writers on AW - and he's going to work very hard to build something out of nothing. I did write back to him as he requested. but he hasn't responded yet :(

His background is in marketing - but in over a month he's only raised $35 for his Project STA writers' grant project (the goal is 25,000) so I'm going to assume he hasn't been using his marketing prowess to get it funded.

I'll let you know if I hear back from him - I suggested that he post here, but maybe he's afraid he'll be bombarded with responses - or maybe he's just shy.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site & FB gone. Tw ceased 8/15.