zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I expect there's a fair overlap between Duotrope and the Grinder w/ some people reporting to both places, but it's interesting (discouraging?) that the stall point is the same. I'm really leaning towards some sort of internal issue rather than a deliberate management strategy, but you'd think there'd have been at least be some sort of twitter/FB update letting people know to hang in there. Certainly I've waited a *heck* of a lot longer on markets than this, but (mostly) I knew that going in. Antsy author is antsy, I guess. At least we have each other!

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
At least we have each other!
Pfft. I probably would have forgotten that I'd even submitted something if it weren't for this thread. Y'all have me checking my email all the time now (which for me means almost every day).

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Well, 1x query letter sent off.

Also, if they still have my current piece come the first of September, can I still put something in then? *scratches head*

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really leaning towards some sort of internal issue rather than a deliberate management strategy, but you'd think there'd have been at least be some sort of twitter/FB update letting people know to hang in there. Certainly I've waited a *heck* of a lot longer on markets than this, but (mostly) I knew that going in. Antsy author is antsy, I guess. At least we have each other!

Totally agree on all counts!

Peace
Ty

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Uncanny is talking on Twitter today about their Kickstarter beginning tomorrow. That probably explains the delay.

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
Same thing was in my inbox this morning. They apologized for the delay, are checking on my sub, and will get back to me ASAP.

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
Form R in my inbox this morning basically apologizing for the delay and inviting me to sub again in September. Duly reported to Submission Grinder where more Rs are starting to trickle in.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! *crosses eye stalks* *walks into wall* :aliensmile:

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
Same thing was in my inbox this morning. They apologized for the delay, are checking on my sub, and will get back to me ASAP.

I queried today, got this same response in an hour and a half. Expecting my R in the next couple of days—and then the forged-in-the-fires-of-SYW version is off to another market!

Peace
Ty

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if they've responded to anyone who *hasn't* queried. I suppose I should, but their website loads very poorly over dialup. :(

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't query, and I was at 50-something days, but I got my (entirely expected) rejection today. So there's movement.

Quinn_Inuit

Not a real eskimo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.steve-quinn.net
I didn't query, and I was at 50-something days, but I got my (entirely expected) rejection today. So there's movement.

Same here. I need to submit that to the Grindr now.

Update: The GrindEr. You have no idea how important that E is. You also wouldn't believe how many come-ons a standard form letter is getting from the guys in this area.

Last edited:

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
I queried today, got this same response in an hour and a half. Expecting my R in the next couple of days

Whoomp, there it is. Same deal as the rest of you all: Sorry for the delay, thanks for the patience, not quite what we're looking for, please consider submitting when they re-open in September.

Peace
Ty

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Whoomp, there it is. Same deal as the rest of you all: Sorry for the delay, thanks for the patience, not quite what we're looking for, please consider submitting when they re-open in September.

Peace
Ty
Exactly the same here. Looks like those who emailed for status update managed to shake loose the remaining rejections.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, identical form R this morning. Bit of a relief, actually.

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
I got an R too, albeit a while ago. But I saw on Twitter they'll be opening up submissions again as soon as their Kickstarter funds (which, at the rate it's going, is likely to be within a few days), so I'm prepping my next story. Here's hoping!

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Given how long it took last time, I'm not actually sure I want to send them anything.... I don't mind if places go long, but I'd like them to tell me prior, that they're going long.

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's open season at Uncanny again, good luck everyone!

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
They're open again!

They don't know when they'll be closing--it depends whether they hit their stretch goals in the kickstarter, which will enable them to buy more stories.

KAMielke

I'm clever, really.
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from them lately? I've had a story with them for 118 days without hearing anything, even after trying three different ways to message them after 30 and 45 days passed. Being patient with subs is difficult on a good day.