The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Submission service] Greenlight My Movie!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Submission service] Greenlight My Movie!

Has anyone found success or heard good things from "Greenlight My Movie"? They charge $30 for a written/video submission of one screenplay concept that will supposedly be reaching the right people. But the Blacklist claims this too, until you realize you need to pay to be read to also be really seen, and all that.

Thanks everyone! Oh, and best of luck in your own endeavors.

I couldn't find Greenlight My Movie! at all on MovieBytes and a Stage 32 discussion didn't seem too impressed by them. https://www.stage32.com/lounge/scree...ny-suggestions There are a handful of good screenwriting contests and a mountain of scams. Enter The Nicholl Fellowship, Page Awards, Austin Film Festival, maybe Slamdance. Those are 100% legitimate. There are a couple of good ones for genre films/screenplays (such as Shriekfest) but most are just a waste of money.
    "If I had a penny for my thoughts, I'd be a millionaire." - Ad Rock

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: