bibliography

Super_Duper

Jedi Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ninjamindcontrol.wordpress.com
Hi there I have a question about standard practice of listing a bibliography on your website, etc. I have a number of published comics I have written in addition to short stories (and a couple poems). Should I separate these in any way, or should I simply list everything I have had published chronologically (newest on top, oldest on the bottom, right?).

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
As a reader, I say 'separate, separate'. Categories, with headings, so we can find what we're looking for. People who are looking for short stories may not want comics, and feel suckered if they see a title, search it out and find out that it's not what they were wanting.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I would. Unless your 'short fiction' is so short that it might pass for poetry. Even then, probably better to separate, lest the short stories be mistaken for bad poetry. How about:

ALSO BY SUPER DUPER

Comics
(Listed in chronological order)

Short Stories
(Chronological order, again)

Poetry
(And again, all poems, chronologically)

Everyone can see at a glance the stuff they prefer, but the proximity to your other works
might inspire someone to widen their scope and try something new. Also, easy enough to adapt
if you decide to branch out. Novels, essays, etc, could each get their own section.