Favorite Game With Replay Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJMockingbird

Registered
Reaction score
One game I love for the replay value is NIER. It has a sequel coming out soon, too. (Also, if you don't do New Game + with NIER, you miss out on the actual story). Playing mostly JRPGs, most of them don't have New Game+ (outside of MegaTen, which I'm an avid player of). As others have mentioned, I did enjoy Persona 4, I find 3 overrated, but 2 will always be my favorite. As for Kingdom Hearts, I had the patience for it in high school and I thought II was a huge step up, but all the portables were a huge turn off. I got most of the way through Days but put it down after a widdle-me-down boss near the end killed my experience of the game, not that I was super interested in the first place. I wanted to play Birth By Sleep (but not 3 times... seriously, KH's repetitiveness is notorious and I hate it). Still, definitely picking up part III when I can.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
I also like Minecraft.
If I had to narrow it down to the past five years, my answer would also be Minecraft.

Back at the beginning of July, I heard there was an update and turned on my copy with the intent of downloading it, maybe cruising around for an hour to see what's new, then going back to my massive stack of unplayed games.

...so after building a railway connecting all the towns on the new map and repairing said towns' less, er, functional aspects (one of them generated between some hills and the plains and the results involved villagers spawning thoroughly stuck in houses a good twenty blocks off the ground, so I built some spirally staircases connecting the houses to each other and the grass below, and now all the digital people can safely get anywhere they might want to go), I'm trying to scrounge up enough Ender Pearls to open the portal to the Ender Dragon.

Last edited:

laazy

Epic procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Minecraft and Skyrim. There's always one more mod to discover, one more quest, one more cave system to explore, etc etc.

Tora Uran

Registered
Reaction score
Website
amazon.com
All the Suikoden games. Especially since all the console ones have story lines that overlap and/or tie into each other. Also there is enough free range in them that there can be more than one way to play through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.