Status
Not open for further replies.

marinapr9

Digital Artist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marinamitchell.deviantart.com
I have never written horror before, but I've been reading a lot of horror novels lately, and watching a lot of horror movies, and got inspired. I started writing a short story and then suddenly got stuck. I don't know how to end it. I was thinking maybe I needed a motive for the killer, but then I couldn't think of one, haha. Damned writer's block.

The story so far:
5 20-somethings out at a cabin on a lake. Two couples (MC Amber and her bf Iam, her bff Kari and Kari's bf Luke, and Luke's cousin, Melody.)

It opens with Amber, hiding in a closet as she hears/sees the killer with a giant scythe chopping up Melody. Amber tries to mentally escape and flashes back to them arriving, and goes forward back to the present.

In her flashback, the two couples play out on the lake, while Melody, whom no one cares for much, lounges out on the shore. They go back inside and play some truth or dare.

Suddenly, the killer busts the door open. Dressed in a hazmat looking suit and wielding an insanely big scythe. Luke tries to get the killer with a fire poker, misses, and gets hit with the scythe. The girls start to run. The killer goes after them. Iam intervenes. The killer slices at Iam. The girls flee with Melody heading off in another direction opposite Amber and Kari. Amber and Kari hide in the bathroom. Kari realizes she has her phone and they try to call 911.

Right when they are starting the call, the killer slices through the door, cutting Kari. Amber makes a makeshift bandage for her and finds a candle lighter and hairspray. When the killer breaks the door down, Amber sets his helmet on fire. The girls flee to a bedroom where there is a bench seat with storage. Amber puts Kari inside and closes the lid.

Amber runs out and into Melody. The killer comes down after them in the hall, sans helmet, and he is ugly as hell, and the girls book it to the living room again trying to escape. The boys are MIA, but there's too much blood on the floor. The killer stops them from fleeing, and when Melody tries to run away, he picks up the fireplace poker and whacks her over the back of the head. He hits her in the face with it, and Amber runs away. She goes into another bedroom and all but falls over Luke's dead body hacked to pieces. She sees Luke's phone under the bed and manages to call 911. She manages to tell the operator what's going on and just gets to finish the address, when she hears dragging noises and hides in the closet.

Now, I am stuck, haha. Iam COULD be alive. Kari should still be alive and safely hidden. Will 911 show up to help? Will Amber go vigilante and live? Will everybody just die? Why is this crazy guy killing? How do I end this?! I want to try and make it a little more unique too, so I'm open to thoughts and suggestions.

I would suggest that the killer is the least of that girl's problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.